The Student Room Group

Edexcel Alevel/IAL Maths Question

Here is my situation im in year 12 alevels following the reforms, I decided to do maths early this year instead of doing c1-4 m1 m2 at school next year. I did m1 c1 c2 like right now in june.
I also take physics and chemistry which i will appear for next year.
I want to study physics at a good uk university oxford would be great if i do amange to land a place or a good russel group. Now i wanted to do further maths or AS further maths at least but i feel like i want to give of my exams in jan next year so its not all at once.
Sadl edecel do not have jan exams for alvel but they do for IAL i was wodnering if i could do like fp1 at least as an IAL and maybe s1 as well and have physics chem c3 c4 c1 c2 m1 m2 and maybe s2 as GCE alevel?
Would universities be bothered by this?
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Here is my situation im in year 12 alevels following the reforms, I decided to do maths early this year instead of doing c1-4 m1 m2 at school next year. I did m1 c1 c2 like right now in june.
I also take physics and chemistry which i will appear for next year.
I want to study physics at a good uk university oxford would be great if i do amange to land a place or a good russel group. Now i wanted to do further maths or AS further maths at least but i feel like i want to give of my exams in jan next year so its not all at once.
Sadl edecel do not have jan exams for alvel but they do for IAL i was wodnering if i could do like fp1 at least as an IAL and maybe s1 as well and have physics chem c3 c4 c1 c2 m1 m2 and maybe s2 as GCE alevel?
Would universities be bothered by this?

you would not be awarded a further maths qualification if did so,

you cannot mix UK GCE and IAL units to make qualifications.
Hello guys, I really need your help.
I got 180/200 C34, 200/200 C12 and 89/100 S1 what should I get in M1 to get an A*?
Should I only get 11 marks ( which is a U) so as to reach the 480/600 mark or I should get an E or more in the paper so it could be counted? please help since each of my friends says sth different
Original post by seemawad98
Hello guys, I really need your help.
I got 180/200 C34, 200/200 C12 and 89/100 S1 what should I get in M1 to get an A*?
Should I only get 11 marks ( which is a U) so as to reach the 480/600 mark or I should get an E or more in the paper so it could be counted? please help since each of my friends says sth different

You need a total 480 ums. You do not need an E grade in S1. But aren't you being a little silly, you obviously know you will do far better than 40 ums in S1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest