The Student Room Group

why the **** are so many students here soo rascist

no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

anyone who wishes to discuss this please do, just make sure you are respectful
Rastafarians have never gone round blowing people up or doing massacre stuff. Irie.

One Love

:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you even know what the definition of racism is?

There's a big difference between criticising a religion and being out right "racist".

And Muslims are not a race.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by the bear
Rastafarians have never gone round blowing people up or doing massacre stuff. Irie.

One Love

:h:

yes rasta one love yes
we are all one blood, we need to live in peace
I think the majority of them are simply repeating what their friends or family told them. There are also some very young and impressionable people on here so no wonder.
Original post by manz too fine
Do you even know what the definition of racism is?

There's a big difference between criticising a religion and being out right "racist".

when you see people saying: muslims should go back to their own country
or
f**k the muslims
i think thats rascist! dont u???
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I think the majority of them are simply repeating what their friends or family told them. There are also some very young and impressionable people on here so no wonder.

this is very true, but if we, as in the ordinary, caring peple do not rise up and speak then the things they are saying could manifest into something more
DBI :hand:
Original post by lascelles101
when you see people saying: muslims should go back to their own country
or
f**k the muslims
i think thats rascist! dont u???

No, because "Muslims" are not a single race of people but a diverse religious grouping so it's not possible to be racist towards a religion.

You could say they have hatred towards Islam or Muslims but not a "racist".
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;O0NentNBRlQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NentNBRlQ[/video]
I think you need to learn what racism is.

Being critical of a religion is, incidentally part of free speech. There is no such thing as a right not to be offended.

Sure, some people are bigots on here, but that's life and the referendum isn't exactly helping matters. I suspect most people who are very anti-muslim on here are so because they are fairly young and that is what their family have brought them up to believe.
Original post by Zargabaath
DBI :hand:

wat??
Original post by Elivercury
I think you need to learn what racism is.

Being critical of a religion is, incidentally part of free speech. There is no such thing as a right not to be offended.

Sure, some people are bigots on here, but that's life and the referendum isn't exactly helping matters. I suspect most people who are very anti-muslim on here are so because they are fairly young and that is what their family have brought them up to believe.

i definitly know the diffrence between critisim and rascism!
there is a right to critize but is there a right to be openly horriable and quite frankly rascist to them?? if you look @ my previous posts, they are both quotes in which i have seen on here recently.
furthermore even if family has brought them up in a certain way, it is not the only thing that defines them! The saying, Show Me Your Friends and I’ll Tell You Who You Are is a saying that has been around for a longg time is is true, it is not only family who shapes you it is also society/friends
Original post by the bear
[video="youtube;O0NentNBRlQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NentNBRlQ[/video]

nuf luv my brother, rip marley, he puts in in one song
thanks for that :smile:
Original post by manz too fine
No, because "Muslims" are not a single race of people but a diverse religious grouping so it's not possible to be racist towards a religion.

You could say they have hatred towards Islam or Muslims but not a "racist".

yes but people say it in a rascist way. are they not discriminating against a relious, being prejudice towards them?? will this not directly lead to rascist views to any muslims they see??
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

Muslims don't hurt people? Lots of Muslims do hurt people, just like lots of Christians, Irish people, Liberal Democrat voters and Taxi drivers hurt people, any sizeable group has people which hurt others, unfortunately.

People saying racist stuff (or prejudiced stuff; Islam isn't a race) doesn't break any of those human rights. Right to equality means everybody has the right to equal rights as everybody else. Right to freedom from discrimination means you're not allowed to be denied service to employment based race, religion, gender, sexuality. Right to freedom of belief means you're not allowed to be persecuted (by the state) based on religion. These rights are about the relationship between the state and the people, so posting hateful stuff on TSR doesn't deny anybody of their human rights, but it's an ugly way for people to exercise their right to freedom of speech.

I do agree with you though, people should be respectful and love each other :smile:
i definitly know the diffrence between critisim and rascism!
there is a right to critize but is there a right to be openly horriable and quite frankly rascist to them?? if you look @ my previous posts, they are both quotes in which i have seen on here recently.
furthermore even if family has brought them up in a certain way, it is not the only thing that defines them! The saying, Show Me Your Friends and I’ll Tell You Who You Are is a saying that has been around for a longg time is is true, it is not only family who shapes you it is also society/friends

Again, Islam is a religion, not a race, so therefore it is not racism. Sure, being a pedant over terminology, but as soon as anyone is offended by anything these days they just start shouting it's racist. Called fat? Racist, called four-eyes? Super racist.

People are horrible on the internet and it is by no means limited to offending Muslims. I suspect a lot of the people saying the things you quoted also insult homosexuals, Jews and any other group that will get them a reaction.

I also think you largely underestimate the impact family has on the young, it typically isn't until we leave home that we form our own separate identities which differ significantly from those of our parents. Given this is a student forum, many have not gone to university or are in their early years of university, so give them time.
nuf luv my brother, rip marley, he puts in in one song
thanks for that :smile:

no one cyaan test
Didn't we have pretty much the same thread yesterday?

It was wide of the mark then, and it is still now. Quite aside from the awful English, you seem to be angered at a non-existent issue.

At the risk of sounding trite, criticising Islam does not equate to hating Muslims or being racist.

The general ignorance of the OP is quite remarkable though, so perhaps this is satire or a troll? If so, I'm afraid it went over my head.

Quick Reply

Latest