The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Thanks kind of

It seems with parliament you have to look at other areas besides s particular section

Yeah for sure if it says parliament it refers to both chambers, in some ways it's good as you're not limited to just one but in some ways you have to make sure you include stuff from both chambers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Yo, it wont be accurate.
Original post by Sexio
Yo, it wont be accurate.

What wont be accurate?
Original post by Babs Posh
How many topics are people revising fully for unit 2?

I think I'm just going to focus on 3. PM & Cabinet, Parliament and the Constitution. I might gloss over Judiciary if I have time, but I doubt I'd be able to do all 4 in such a short time. :frown:
Original post by UKStudent17
I think I'm just going to focus on 3. PM & Cabinet, Parliament and the Constitution. I might gloss over Judiciary if I have time, but I doubt I'd be able to do all 4 in such a short time. :frown:

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question - were Brown's proposals to curb the PM's Royal Prerogative powers actually implemented?
I really struggle with unit 2 and after the first exam it's made me worry even more haha!

Yeah I hate the judiciary topic because it's just ugh, I should probably look over it. But I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time to cover 3 eeek :s-smilie: Never leaving it to the last minute again
Original post by mollyadtr
Hey well that's good I can imagine it's pretty tiring having long days every week but it helps you enjoy it 😁 and oh my god no way 😂 either linguistics or sociology depending on the grades...would you go into that ppe thing at uni considering you're already doing economics and politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow linguistics..always too hard for me 😂 I was thinking of doing either PPE or History&Politics depending on grades this summer
Original post by LennyBicknel
Question - were Brown's proposals to curb the PM's Royal Prerogative powers actually implemented?

No don't think so
Original post by alevelpain
Wow linguistics..always too hard for me 😂 I was thinking of doing either PPE or History&Politics depending on grades this summer

I could say the same for economics 😂 yeah from the day the unis came round to college you have to get like straight a's to get onto the ppe course😩but as you have 5 it might make it a lot easier...oh yeah history and politics! I admit it did sound interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr
I could say the same for economics 😂 yeah from the day the unis came round to college you have to get like straight a's to get onto the ppe course😩but as you have 5 it might make it a lot easier...oh yeah history and politics! I admit it did sound interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's why I'm waiting for grades 😂 if i don't get that I'll do history & politics which I enjoy anyway. Just need to get this politics exam..I hate the sources part I'm bad at picking two things for part a) 😰
How likely is reform of second chamber to come up?
Original post by Babs Posh
How many topics are people revising fully for unit 2?

We haven't done any of Unit 2 in lessons, so I'm going to aim to teach myself two of the topics. Probably Parliament and Constitution
Original post by hw1221
Ive done all of them because im too scared to take the risk. Do you think it will be really difficult?

I hope not
But after unit 1 I'm not so sure now tbh
Original post by thesporkthief
We haven't done any of Unit 2 in lessons, so I'm going to aim to teach myself two of the topics. Probably Parliament and Constitution

What? Why have haven't you done any unit 2 lessons?
So you're teaching yourself a whole years work in 2 days?

You know your stuff
Don't see why your worried
Is anyone else revising all four topics? I can't take the risk after the nasty question we got on democracy!
Original post by xxvine
What? Why have haven't you done any unit 2 lessons?
So you're teaching yourself a whole years work in 2 days?

Lessons are split between two teachers, one has been on sick leave since December with no cover teacher and the other really doesn't have any clue about the course. I just wish I'd realised sooner how much we hadn't been taught, rather than just accepting when we were told we were finished.
I've also got to revise for my Mechanics exam tomorrow, so it's a little tight..
Original post by alevelpain
Yeah that's why I'm waiting for grades 😂 if i don't get that I'll do history & politics which I enjoy anyway. Just need to get this politics exam..I hate the sources part I'm bad at picking two things for part a) 😰

i know ihate being limited to only using whats in the source for the 5 marker and still having to refer back to it in the 10 marker :s it reminds me of an english exam
Original post by thesporkthief
Lessons are split between two teachers, one has been on sick leave since December with no cover teacher and the other really doesn't have any clue about the course. I just wish I'd realised sooner how much we hadn't been taught, rather than just accepting when we were told we were finished.
I've also got to revise for my Mechanics exam tomorrow, so it's a little tight..

Wow one thing I've learnt is that alevel teachers seem to be awful a lot of the time....
Yeah try and do as much as you can tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending