The Student Room Group

There is one thing I hate about vegans...

they have this annoying manner of preaching their beliefs upon others and basically making me feel guilty for eating meat, it's my choice and you can't expect everyone to go vegan. One day I will go vegan to see what it is like but whenever I eat something or the topic of food comes up, my friend, who is vegan likes to point out what is wrong with not being vegan, despite actually saying that they 'aren't the preaching type,'

I know not all vegans are like that but please DON'T make me or anyone guilty for eating meat, it pisses me off. The guilt rides inside me and I feel bad for eating meat and dairy products but I can't commit to veganism 100%, I need the iron. :cry2:

Rant over, anyone else felt this way? And please no comments about 'I feel the same way about Islam/Muslims'.

And I am not generalising in any way, these are simply people I know.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a vegan friend who is the complete opposite lol. But I definitely know where you're coming from. I think it's because they are so passionate about veganism and the benefits of it, most of them disregard or theyre oblivious of the discomfort they are causing.
Reply 2
Original post by iqzmoh
I have a vegan friend who is the complete opposite lol. But I definitely know where you're coming from. I think it's because they are so passionate about veganism and the benefits of it, most of them disregard or theyre oblivious of the discomfort they are causing.

I know, trust me I respect those who go Vegan, it is a bold move but yet they are so passionate, it comes across very negative and annoying at times because all they do is make people feel guilty, and not to mention that they have to inform everyone they know they are a vegan.

To answer the question, the vegans I know dont talk about it too much and are just chill ppl but maybe thats just them :holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by ForestShadow

To answer the question, the vegans I know dont talk about it too much and are just chill ppl but maybe thats just them :holmes:

Mmmh dat meme tho. I wish I knew chill people. :cry:
Original post by Rhythmical
they have this annoying manner of preaching their beliefs upon others and basically making me feel guilty for eating meat, it's my choice and you can't expect everyone to go vegan. One day I will go vegan to see what it is like but whenever I eat something or the topic of food comes up, my friend, who is vegan likes to point out what is wrong with not being vegan, despite actually saying that they 'aren't the preaching type,'

I know not all vegans are like that but please DON'T make me or anyone guilty for eating meat, it pisses me off. The guilt rides inside me and I feel bad for eating meat and dairy products but I can't commit to veganism 100%, I need the iron. :cry2:

Rant over, anyone else felt this way? And please no comments about 'I feel the same way about Islam/Muslims'.

One thing I hate about meat eaters is that they are murderers
Reply 6
Original post by greatguy 695
One thing I hate about meat eaters is that they murdering scum.

Enjoy your ban. :biggrin:
Mmmh dat meme tho. I wish I knew chill people. :cry:

:creep:

I know what you mean tho, arriving at school and my workplace and back home I be like

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by Mathemagicien
I feel the same way about those raxist islamoplobs and fashist UKIP

Oh I know the feeling. :cry2: I pray for #worldpeace
I know, trust me I respect those who go Vegan, it is a bold move but yet they are so passionate, it comes across very negative and annoying at times because all they do is make people feel guilty, and not to mention that they have to inform everyone they know they are a vegan.

I never informed my friends I was vegan. The they found out one night because I had to inform the waiter I was vegan so I could get a vegan dish. Then they were all complaining 'why have you never mentioned you were vegan before'. And were all critical of the fact i never said anything before.

So vegans you damned if you do say you are vegan and you damned if you don't
Reply 10
I've never met a vegan/vegetarian who's judged me out loud in my whole life, and I know so many of them. So I never understood everyone's "found a vegetarian" thing hahahha. There will be discussions but stop starting them and you'll be alright
:creep:

I know what you mean tho, arriving at school and my workplace and back home I be like

Spoiler

Maybe they should be eating ice and then they'd be chill, just saying. :wink:
Enjoy your ban. :biggrin:

Banning me wont stop the truth being spread.
I never informed my friends I was vegan. The they found out one night because I had to inform the waiter I was vegan so I could get a vegan dish. Then they were all complaining 'why have you never mentioned you were vegan before'. And were all critical of the fact i never said anything before.

So vegans you damned if you do say you are vegan and you damned if you don't

Cool story.

Original post by cuppa
I've never met a vegan/vegetarian who's judged me out loud in my whole life, and I know so many of them. So I never understood everyone's "found a vegetarian" thing hahahha. There will be discussions but stop starting them and you'll be alright

I never start the conversation, I'll be drinking milk or something and they will remark how bad it is and stuff, they won't stop! :cry2:
Maybe they should be eating ice and then they'd be chill, just saying. :wink:

why not sherbet tho? its wayyy nicer

Also has it ever occured to you that meat eaters preach to vegans as well?

Of course not because you a meat eater and in the majority so you wont notice it. I have had meat eaters call my beliefs stupid, say I am just doing it for attention, call me pathetic. They attack my beliefs even though I never said anything to them. But oh noo its only the big nasty vegans that push their beliefs onto people aint it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also has it ever occured to you that meat eaters preach to vegans as well?

Of course not because you a meat eater and in the majority so you wont notice it. I have had meat eaters call my beliefs stupid, say I am just doing it for attention, call me pathetic. They attack my beliefs even though I never said anything to them. But oh noo its only vegans that push their beliefs onto people aint it.

I don't preach my beliefs upon to anyone, if you eat meat, you eat it, if you don't then fair enough but it's the guilt tricking that my vegan friends do that is annoying.

why not sherbet tho? its wayyy nicer

And you say I'm not funny. :colone: Is that what sherbet looks like? :eek:

And you say I'm not funny. :colone: Is that what sherbet looks like? :eek:

I never said youre not funny :colone: -why are we using the :colone:face anyway?

and yes sherbet looks like that, it can be cooler tho :cool:
I never said youre not funny :colone: -why are we using the :colone:face anyway?

and yes sherbet looks like that, it can be cooler tho :cool:

I'm so shocked, I thought sherbet were those lemon sweets? :tongue:
I've found that meat eaters can be just as preachy, but I understand what you mean. It's just common decency not to judge people for how they choose to live their lives, especially if they cannot afford to live any other way. Do you think that vegans have more justification though?

Quick Reply

Latest