The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louise12307
Is anyone else revising all four topics? I can't take the risk after the nasty question we got on democracy!

I'm going through 3 lol. I hope we don't get some EU Qu
Original post by xxvine
You know your stuff
Don't see why your worried

ill only be worried if they **** us over with a new question, you know your stuff too so im sure youll do good too :biggrin:
Original post by mollyadtr
ill only be worried if they **** us over with a new question, you know your stuff too so im sure youll do good too :biggrin:

What are the predictions lol
Especially for parliament and PM?
Original post by xxvine
What are the predictions lol
Especially for parliament and PM?

my teacher predicted 'why are some pms more powerful than others' and 'to what extent does parliament fulfill its functions' and for the constitution 'do the strengths outweigh the weaknesses of the british constitution' but tbh the parliament and constitution one have been asked before a lot

someone else said for parliament: 'how can parliament hold government to account- does it do it well?' and
'codifies/uncodified arguments' 'successes and failure of each constitutional reform since 1997 with a focus on reforms after 2010 (which is in the politics review)' and 'how the features of the uk constitution have changed eg moving towards qusi federalism, greater entrenchment through referendums etc'
pm and cabinet: how significant is the cabinet today (id struggle with that myself cause i dont know much about camerons cabinet)
What is the relationship between parliament and devolved assemblies? Please help :smile:
Original post by mollyadtr
my teacher predicted 'why are some pms more powerful than others' and 'to what extent does parliament fulfill its functions' and for the constitution 'do the strengths outweigh the weaknesses of the british constitution' but tbh the parliament and constitution one have been asked before a lot

someone else said for parliament: 'how can parliament hold government to account- does it do it well?' and
'codifies/uncodified arguments' 'successes and failure of each constitutional reform since 1997 with a focus on reforms after 2010 (which is in the politics review)' and 'how the features of the uk constitution have changed eg moving towards qusi federalism, greater entrenchment through referendums etc'
pm and cabinet: how significant is the cabinet today (id struggle with that myself cause i dont know much about camerons cabinet)

I hope we don't get an EU Qu ffs like we did yesterday lol
But they could repeat tbh like they did yesterday
The elections question which was the 25 marker was the same question in 2014
Original post by xxvine
I hope we don't get an EU Qu ffs like we did yesterday lol
But they could repeat tbh like they did yesterday
The elections question which was the 25 marker was the same question in 2014

Yeah I know I did that as revision, same with the pressure group one it was the generic one they usually ask...they could make the constitution about the Eu? Like to what extent has sovereignty transferred away from parliament and you'd have to talk about the eu cause of pooled sovereignty and that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine

Nah, it's not going to be on EU as the constitution question was on sovereignty last year, and EU will always be related to sovereignty.

However, considering the democracy question was so unexpected, I think it's advisable to revise absolutely everything as they might do soothing similar
Somebody asked about how you'd answer a question on 'How effective are backbench MPs'. I've attempted to make an 40 mark essay plan for it (hope it helps :smile: )
Original post by LennyBicknel
Somebody asked about how you'd answer a question on 'How effective are backbench MPs'. I've attempted to make an 40 mark essay plan for it (hope it helps :smile: )

thanks

Going to use that since my book isn't great
Are you a teacher?
Original post by popcornjpg
Nah, it's not going to be on EU as the constitution question was on sovereignty last year, and EU will always be related to sovereignty.

However, considering the democracy question was so unexpected, I think it's advisable to revise absolutely everything as they might do soothing similar

i think there could be a possibility for the echr and a british bill of rights to come up in the judiciary section...then its linked to the eu but not necessarily specifically about the eu- maybe not an essay but the smaller questions
Original post by xxvine
thanks

Are you a teacher?

I'd revise a wholly/partially elected HoL, came up in 2013. Last year it was 'is it true the Commons now needs more reform than the Lords' but it could still come up
Ideal questions I'd want:

PM & Cabinet: "Why are some PMs more powerful than others?"
Constitution: "Assess the advantages/disadvantages of the UK Constitution."
Parliament: "How effective is Parliament in checking government power?"
Judiciary: Well I doubt I'll revise that. Besides, all the questions look pretty scary. :s-smilie:
Original post by xxvine

We're gonna get a question on EU last year elections were up. EU. Is definitely coming
I could really use a HoL reforms question ngl, I did a past paper for my teacher and got 37/40 inc. the source a and b :frown: I'd love to just regurgitate it 😂
just a quick question, as judicial review comes up in the constitution section as well as the judiciary section.. is it necessarily to have advantages and disadvantages for the constitution section as it is mentioned in a much brief-er way than judiciary
Original post by alevelpain
I could really use a HoL reforms question ngl, I did a past paper for my teacher and got 37/40 inc. the source a and b :frown: I'd love to just regurgitate it 😂

what were your points?
Original post by UKStudent17
Ideal questions I'd want:

PM & Cabinet: "Why are some PMs more powerful than others?"
Constitution: "Assess the advantages/disadvantages of the UK Constitution."
Parliament: "How effective is Parliament in checking government power?"
Judiciary: Well I doubt I'll revise that. Besides, all the questions look pretty scary. :s-smilie:

For that you talk about Pmqs, select committees?
Original post by xxvine
thanks

Are you a teacher?

Nope, just a regular student :tongue:
Original post by Shaziye
We're gonna get a question on EU last year elections were up. EU. Is definitely coming

like what can they ask?

like obviously you don't know lol but in terms of parliament and the consitution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending