The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Climate change webpage can up in my paper 1. On the whole it wasn't overly difficult with the essay questions relatively easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurendean
the general discussion in circulation around our school is;
for section a, passage to africa, greenpeace webpage or explorer's daughter
for section b, out out, refugee blues or the necklace.

the necklace is the only section b piece that hasn't come up at all, so..

to be honest I don't think we can predict haha they could just throw in a completely unexpected text, just like they did for the literature paper(s).

The necklace appeared in the R paper 2014 june already....Shouldn't be coming up again this year? I really don't know how to write about the necklace:frown: I hope for disabled and outout thought.
Reply 62
Yes I agree it wasn't that hard. On the 12 marker in section one I skipped one of the bullet points (I didnt mention her relationship with her father) Do you think I would lose marks for that?
How did everybody else find it?
Original post by Ali1999
Yes I agree it wasn't that hard. On the 12 marker in section one I skipped one of the bullet points (I didnt mention her relationship with her father) Do you think I would lose marks for that?
How did everybody else find it?

I don't think it matters,the bullet points are there to help only. What did you wrote in explorers daughter
Reply 64
Original post by Igcse1student
I don't think it matters,the bullet points are there to help only. What did you wrote in explorers daughter

On my paper we got the climate change webpage! I live in italy! you?
Original post by MattB_
Climate change webpage can up in my paper 1. On the whole it wasn't overly difficult with the essay questions relatively easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind me asking what you wrote for the climate change and the last Q? I did the unseen but what did you put for the 12marker unseen as i mentioned both bullet points except not a lot on language but i included many embedded quotes.
Original post by MattB_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. It's surprising they didn't give Beach Safety for any of the papers, tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
How many pages did you write for the last question about schools because I only wrote 2 and ran out of time. Please answer
I was right about Climate Change from the start!
Original post by ppjk
How many pages did you write for the last question about schools because I only wrote 2 and ran out of time. Please answer

I wrote 2 and a half. What points did you include?
Reply 70
Original post by Milena1810
Do you mind me asking what you wrote for the climate change and the last Q? I did the unseen but what did you put for the 12marker unseen as i mentioned both bullet points except not a lot on language but i included many embedded quotes.

For the climate change I wrote about how the writer immediately got into the details, offering lots of facts likely to shock the reader. Bold and colours to make things stand out. Relatively simple language. Last question (essay question) I talked about how we could be taught about relationships and how to deal with them, how to properly manage finances, basic life skills like cooking so can have healthy life in university and tackle obesity as don't need to eat fast food. I wrote about the merits of sport and how it helps you learn essential life skills etc. I mentioned quite a few things for the unseen qn 12. Lots of imagery and vivid descriptions of the house and landscape, unusual relationship between father and writer, she does things in order to annoy him, he doesn't completely trust her etc.

I wrote on all the pages for the last question, I wrote on four pages for the climate change question and three pages for the first question 12
Reply 71
Anthology section was fine ( as predicted ) . Argumentative writing was good :smile: . Comprehension was kinda up and down and Article on " Memorable Experience " very dull :/ gonan loose marks in that section :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
You sound like you've done pretty well. Well done!! :smile: I only did 2 points for the last Q. Drugs and relationships. But I did include like short sentences and rhetorical Q's so surely I may get a few more marks? Yeah, I did a lot of imagery. What did you say about the mother for the 4 marker? For the greenpeace I did a lot on structure and stuff and the emotive and powerful lang does that sound ok?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Talha9
Anthology section was fine. Argumentative writing was good :smile: . Comprehension was kinda up and down and Article on " Memorable Experience " kinda messed it !

Which Spec do you do? B?
Original post by Ali1999
On my paper we got the climate change webpage! I live in italy! you?

I got explorers daughter! Was your analysis question easy?
Which Spec do you do? B?

He does the 1R paper, those stuff came in my paper too.
Original post by Igcse1student
He does the 1R paper, those stuff came in my paper too.

Ah ok. What did you write for the them then?
Reply 77
You sound like you've done pretty well. Well done!! :smile: I only did 2 points for the last Q. Drugs and relationships. But I did include like short sentences and rhetorical Q's so surely I may get a few more marks? Yeah, I did a lot of imagery. What did you say about the mother for the 4 marker? For the greenpeace I did a lot on structure and stuff and the emotive and powerful lang does that sound ok?

I was unsure what to put for the 4 marker on her mother as it wasn't the easiest but I ended up putting, does not like the writer's dog, is a quick walker, is compassionate towards husband as walks slower with him, cares more about husband than daughter as went to get him and not to the sweet shop. You should be okay for the last question and for the greenpeace question.
Hmm sounds good. I didn't put that many points tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattB_
I was unsure what to put for the 4 marker on her mother as it wasn't the easiest but I ended up putting, does not like the writer's dog, is a quick walker, is compassionate towards husband as walks slower with him, cares more about husband than daughter as went to get him and not to the sweet shop. You should be okay for the last question and for the greenpeace question.

I put the same points as you except one, so I think we both should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending