The Student Room Group

why the **** are so many students here soo rascist

Scroll to see replies

I know that that's why in the first two lines, its been changed, the real issue is to why people are so horrible and prejudice to people.
Original post by Anonymous
Why don't people stop getting offended so easily. Why do people have to cry about it though? Someone doesn't like your religion, so what?

its not the fact that people don't like it, it the fact that people feel they can be prejudice nd downgrading to a religion. no ones crying, we are having a discussion
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I think the majority of them are simply repeating what their friends or family told them. There are also some very young and impressionable people on here so no wonder.

It's almost as if that could be applied to any ideology, personal trait or political stance.
People can be prejudice if they want though, and in fact everyone is in their own way. And people do have a right to criticise something if they want.
Original post by lascelles101
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

Islam is not a race though
Original post by Dinasaurus
Islam is not a race though

pretty girl, I have realized that my wording was wrong, as I have said about 5 times, I have changed the first post to highlight this, and I have made it quite clear.

even though it is not racism, it is still prejudice
Original post by fr0sr_
It's almost as if that could be applied to any ideology, personal trait or political stance.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Ideas can be so dangerously influential if used heedlessly. Think of cultists who prey upon insecure, lonely people and welcome them in with their religious doctrine and/or political ideas. It's very scary. :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
People can be prejudice if they want though, and in fact everyone is in their own way. And people do have a right to criticise something if they want.

yes but there is a correct way to do it!
when you go "f**k muslims" or "muslims need to go to their own country", do u think that's right. if it is then I know now that the youth of today are not being taught morals
Anonomous 3 is me, the op. Sorry about that computer messed up
Reply 49
Original post by manz too fine
Do you even know what the definition of racism is?

There's a big difference between criticising a religion and being out right "racist".

And Muslims are not a race.

Original post by manz too fine
No, because "Muslims" are not a single race of people but a diverse religious grouping so it's not possible to be racist towards a religion.

You could say they have hatred towards Islam or Muslims but not a "racist".

Original post by Elivercury
I think you need to learn what racism is.

Being critical of a religion is, incidentally part of free speech. There is no such thing as a right not to be offended.

Sure, some people are bigots on here, but that's life and the referendum isn't exactly helping matters. I suspect most people who are very anti-muslim on here are so because they are fairly young and that is what their family have brought them up to believe.

Again, Islam is a religion, not a race, so therefore it is not racism. Sure, being a pedant over terminology, but as soon as anyone is offended by anything these days they just start shouting it's racist. Called fat? Racist, called four-eyes? Super racist.

People are horrible on the internet and it is by no means limited to offending Muslims. I suspect a lot of the people saying the things you quoted also insult homosexuals, Jews and any other group that will get them a reaction.

I also think you largely underestimate the impact family has on the young, it typically isn't until we leave home that we form our own separate identities which differ significantly from those of our parents. Given this is a student forum, many have not gone to university or are in their early years of university, so give them time.

I've quoted just u guys but there are also others who I cba quoting. Whether it is racism, discrimination, prejudice, u can call it what u want his point is still valid!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nayzar
I've quoted just u guys but there are also others who I cba quoting. Whether it is racism, discrimination, prejudice, u can call it what u want his point is still valid!

exactly thank you
you can't even spell a word as simple as "racist"?
Original post by Limerence.
Preach brother. I'm not a Muslim but I don't understand why many atheists attack Islam. Can't we all just keep our mouths shut and believe what we want?

Kmt everyone here is trying to prove each other wrong so that they feel good about themselves.

We've all met hundreds of Muslims throughout our lives and since we aren't dead yet then maybe not all Muslims are bad huh?

& although OP used the word 'racism' incorrectly, we all know what he meant so let's stop being pretentious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

63% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, do you agree with that? Do you think gay people should be jailed? And that 63% are just the ones who believe so strongly they would actually admit it.
And look at how women are treated in Islam, it's shocking, if you're an advocate of women's or gay rights supporting Islam is completely hypocritical.
i find it ironic when people make posts saying we should be more accepting of muslims when in other posts people are happily posting stuff like "i'd only want to marry another muslim to appease my parents"
Original post by Nayzar

I don't believe any of us said it wasn't a valid point, we simply object to it being incorrectly referred to as racism.
Original post by jwstarfish
63% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, do you agree with that? Do you think gay people should be jailed? And that 63% are just the ones who believe so strongly they would actually admit it.
And look at how women are treated in Islam, it's shocking, if you're an advocate of women's or gay rights supporting Islam is completely hypocritical.

actually the 63% of muslims who were ASKED was asked in a poll, therefore they can say it, it is research material. women are not treated that badly everywhere, I think you should see if it is as bad a it seems?? if its soooo bad, why do women still travel from the wet to go to countries where islam is the official religion??
I don't believe any of us said it wasn't a valid point, we simply object to it being incorrectly referred to as racism.

I have changed the opening post to say it was the wrong word. what else can I d? I carnt change the title
I have changed the opening post to say it was the wrong word. what else can I d? I carnt change the title

I wasn't suggesting you do anything, I was just responding to the fella who quoted me complaining that we missed the point.
actually the 63% of muslims who were ASKED was asked in a poll, therefore they can say it, it is research material. women are not treated that badly everywhere, I think you should see if it is as bad a it seems?? if its soooo bad, why do women still travel from the wet to go to countries where islam is the official religion??

I'm sorry, do you understand how research actually works? A sample of people representative of the entire population is taken, obviously it is impossible to ask every single British Muslim, but they ask enough that statistically the results are going to be correct 99% of the time.

Here's a link to the survey results by the way: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-survey-and-documentary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

So you believe forced marriage is a good thing? That men should legally be allowed to rape their wives? Because that is how it works in some Middle Eastern Muslim countries - and as for women migrating to Islamic countries that doesn't happen nearly as much as Middle Eastern women coming here where we have civilised values.
I wasn't suggesting you do anything, I was just responding to the fella who quoted me complaining that we missed the point.

I understand it was just that I feel as if people would rather be picky with the wording then actually have a decent discussion. its annoying because about 10 of these posts are about the term rascist

Quick Reply

Latest