The Student Room Group

Rejected from every part-time job I apply for?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRabbit
It would be 0 hours contracts but its a start, if you look at events stewarding e.g. G4S, flexible and where I grew up they were always looking for people. Basic safety stewarding is minimum wage but doesn't require any licenses or much training, just lots of standing around (in knee-deep mud if a music event) and speaking to people.

Also agree with the charity shop suggestions.

I actually got a zero hours contract but was never called . . . :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I actually got a zero hours contract but was never called . . . :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once you get on the email/phone list its fine. I used to do a rugby match and a football match each weekend plus whatever else was going - random weekend evening shifts at the ice rink would sometimes come up at short notice or music events would be on or other stadiums would be short staffed - but if I hadn't heard from them in a while would send an email or phone the office to see what was happening. Some of the stewarding companies do night time taxi rank work too, no idea if that pays well though.
Original post by TheRabbit
Once you get on the email/phone list its fine. I used to do a rugby match and a football match each weekend plus whatever else was going - random weekend evening shifts at the ice rink would sometimes come up at short notice or music events would be on or other stadiums would be short staffed - but if I hadn't heard from them in a while would send an email or phone the office to see what was happening. Some of the stewarding companies do night time taxi rank work too, no idea if that pays well though.

Can you recommend an agency or something for me? Thank you! :top:
I've had an interview today, and am having another one tomorrow. I also signed up to an agency. Wish me luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you recommend an agency or something for me? Thank you! :top:

I worked for G4S, sometimes worked alongside ShowSec and Securigroup stewards, Securigroup did the taxis too.
Exciting news! I now have a job!
Exciting news! I now have a job!

Yay, what is it?
Original post by Plagioclase
Yay, what is it?

I'll WhatsApp you if you don't mind! :biggrin:
Good job mate :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hungry Student
Good job mate :smile:

Thanks!