The Student Room Group

Leaving Halls Part Way Through Year

Hi all,

My partner is due to start uni in September (provided results are okay), but isn't overly excited about the thought of living in halls. I've offered to move closer to the campus so we can get a flat together (currently live in my own flat around 35 miles away/hour on the train), but I'm unsure if I'll be able to do this in time due to the costs involved in me getting to work (waiting on a scheduled payrise).

Therefore, does anyone know whether it is possible to leave halls part way through the year (without paying for the entire contract)? We were considering doing 3 months of halls or so, then getting a flat.

Would appreciate any advice/guidance. The uni is MMU if that helps at all.

Cheers.
Original post by SuPropia
Hi all,

My partner is due to start uni in September (provided results are okay), but isn't overly excited about the thought of living in halls. I've offered to move closer to the campus so we can get a flat together (currently live in my own flat around 35 miles away/hour on the train), but I'm unsure if I'll be able to do this in time due to the costs involved in me getting to work (waiting on a scheduled payrise).

Therefore, does anyone know whether it is possible to leave halls part way through the year (without paying for the entire contract)? We were considering doing 3 months of halls or so, then getting a flat.

Cheers.

Not likely- once your partner signs the contract for halls they are liable for rent for the whole year. If they can find someone to replace them then they may be able to get out of the contract.
Original post by SuPropia
Hi all,

Cheers.

They would have to keep paying the contract until they found a replacement for the room as they are 42ish week contacts

Posted from TSR Mobile
no, they'd have the pay the full year unless they find a replacement (which is hard to do)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending