The Student Room Group

*OFFICIAL* 2016 WJEC GCSE English Language Post Exam Discussion

How did you all find it? I was really expecting a letter would come up in Unit 2 like it has every time. Thanks WJEC... The speech and report weren't too bad IMO; they were just a little unexpected. I thought Unit 1 was ok though.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what was the question?
Reply 2
Original post by sana_97
what was the question?

For the reading or the writing?
Reply 3
I only mentioned one improvement in my conclusion due to me running out of time in the report - do you think I would have lost a lot of marks or just 1?
We spent the whole year doing letters because my teacher told us that there's been one every year for like 10 years... erm, no.
The reading actually went quite well, but we didn't revise how to do reports at all so I sort of had to guess and hope for the best. The speech was not great, and there was a talk last year so I totally wasn't expecting it. *jumps off 13ft Berlin Wall*
I suppose it could have been worse, a lot of people at my school (including my best friend) thought that the report one was a letter for some reason.
Reply 5
Original post by iRockyy
I only mentioned one improvement in my conclusion due to me running out of time in the report - do you think I would have lost a lot of marks or just 1?

Idk I only did two improvments. Did you mention any stats and statistics?
Reply 6
Original post by ruadb0y
Idk I only did two improvements. Did you mention any stats and statistics?

Ye I did throughout the report? Did you? What you aiming for and what did you think you got?
Reply 7
Original post by iRockyy
Ye I did throughout the report? Did you? What you aiming for and what did you think you got?

Yeah same I think we were meant to. I'm aiming for a B but got a C in the mock last year(without revision) and as I revised I'm hoping to get better. I believe you normally have to get 48/80 for a C (60%)?
Reply 8
Ah right I'm aiming for an A.
Reply 9
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
We spent the whole year doing letters because my teacher told us that there's been one every year for like 10 years... erm, no.
The reading actually went quite well, but we didn't revise how to do reports at all so I sort of had to guess and hope for the best. The speech was not great, and there was a talk last year so I totally wasn't expecting it. *jumps off 13ft Berlin Wall*
I suppose it could have been worse, a lot of people at my school (including my best friend) thought that the report one was a letter for some reason.

Yeah a lot of people at my school also thought it was a formal letter.
I still can't believe that Peta Bee was female. I kept saying "he" ffs
anyone remember the exact report question
Think I read it very wrong....
I found all right, I was really happy with unit 1. Unit 2 the report was unexpected. Is it okay if you bullet pointed the improvements? I've seen reports that do that
Original post by ruadb0y
Yeah a lot of people at my school also thought it was a formal letter.
I still can't believe that Peta Bee was female. I kept saying "he" ffs

What, she was femal?!
Reply 13
Original post by Marelroo
anyone remember the exact report question
Think I read it very wrong....

I think it was along the lines of 'Write a report to the headteacher of your school explaining how to improve the behaviour of students'
Thank you- the reason i thought I wrote it wrong was that I wrote it from a students point of view whereas my friends wrote it from an outside organisation
I think I got 10, 9 or 8 for the first three questions and maybe a 6 or 7 for question 4
For the speech, I think I got around 14.
But I absolutely ACED that report
Reply 16
Original post by sahra30013
What, she was femal?!

Haha yes!
that exam was disgusting.
i put '**** off' in my report as i was repeating what a student had said in it... do you think i will be marked down for this??? didnt think about it when i was writing it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
@Marelroo It said something like "*your* headteacher" and "*your* school" and that the headteacher had asked you to give your views so I think your friends were wrong, not you :3
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest