The Student Room Group

Anyone do OCR ENGLISH LANGUAGE today??

I thought it was OK, but question 3 was terrible and the text was even worse:frown:.

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was okay - everyone seems to think question 3 was terrible!
Which did you do for the writing piece?
I did 5 and my most difficult moment was that exam (though it really wasn't) and I wrote a lot and the content was okay, but the structure was terrible - and I think I missed most of my main points out.
I don't think I wrote enough for Q5 and I hated Q3 :frown:
Original post by haniyasaeed
I don't think I wrote enough for Q5 and I hated Q3 :frown:

Even if it's short(ish) you can get a good grade - how much (approximately) di you write?
2 sides :/
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Even if it's short(ish) you can get a good grade - how much (approximately) di you write?
Original post by haniyasaeed
2 sides :/

That should be fine...
I did a practice question about that long and got a good grade.
Reply 6
I thought it was okay - everyone seems to think question 3 was terrible!
Which did you do for the writing piece?
I did 5 and my most difficult moment was that exam (though it really wasn't) and I wrote a lot and the content was okay, but the structure was terrible - and I think I missed most of my main points out.

I was going to do question 5 about the exam but I thought OCR would think it was too narrow minded, so i did something about a marathon instead.

Lots of other people wrote about their exams for question 5 as well but it seems too obvious and not very imaginative to get good marks but idk.
Original post by Obnox
I was going to do question 5 about the exam but I thought OCR would think it was too narrow minded, so i did something about a marathon instead.

Lots of other people wrote about their exams for question 5 as well but it seems too obvious and not very imaginative to get good marks but idk.

I didn't end up speaking about the exam too much, I included a lot of things - so I'm hoping that I'll get marks for originality.
Our teacher says we should always do them from out own opinion because it's easier to write, and I was finding it hard to concentrate (cried about additional maths till 2 and I was so tired) so it was the only thing I could really think of
Reply 8
I didn't end up speaking about the exam too much, I included a lot of things - so I'm hoping that I'll get marks for originality.
Our teacher says we should always do them from out own opinion because it's easier to write, and I was finding it hard to concentrate (cried about additional maths till 2 and I was so tired) so it was the only thing I could really think of

I know the feeling:frown:. It took me 10 minutes to think of some marathon story then i had to write it in 30 mins but somehow i managed 2 and a half sides, but i think i waffled a lot :redface:.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wrote about exams too for Q5
But q3 was horrible, I didn't know what to write :frown:
Original post by Obnox
I know the feeling:frown:. It took me 10 minutes to think of some marathon story then i had to write it in 30 mins but somehow i managed 2 and a half sides, but i think i waffled a lot :redface:.

I was thinking about what to write during the first section.
Well at least the person "telling my story" (aka me) was meant to be tired.
Maybe I'll get extra marks for the realistic lack of structure and sense (I'm only 1/2 joking)
Reply 11
I was thinking about what to write during the first section.
Well at least the person "telling my story" (aka me) was meant to be tired.
Maybe I'll get extra marks for the realistic lack of structure and sense (I'm only 1/2 joking)

Im sure you will be fine:h:.
Original post by Obnox
Im sure you will be fine:h:.

I really wanted an A* - so I hope.

You too!
Good luck for the rest of your exams!
Reply 13
Q2) Too smart for your own good article
Will I get a mark for talking about the image of the man waking up in the morning looks like a camera lens because of the circle shape... Which is related to the invasion of privacy by hackers
Reply 14
I really wanted an A* - so I hope.

You too!
Good luck for the rest of your exams!

Thanks and you too :biggrin:, I will need it tho lol, i have 4 exams tomorrow :frown:.
Reply 15
Original post by mero22
Q2) Too smart for your own good article
Will I get a mark for talking about the image of the man waking up in the morning looks like a camera lens because of the circle shape... Which is related to the invasion of privacy by hackers

Probably, it seems like a unique point :smile:.
Reply 16
Original post by Obnox
Probably, it seems like a unique point :smile:.

Reply 17
Original post by mero22

At first when i read it I though it was a terrible point but looking at it again i realised that it was better than all the ones i put in the exam haha.
Reply 18
Original post by Obnox
At first when i read it I though it was a terrible point but looking at it again i realised that it was better than all the ones i put in the exam haha.

What did you put?

The picture of the man had alternative interpretation I guess. I also talked about the colour red in the first picture which symbolises danger. Literally spent 5 minutes contemplating what to write.
I said the contrasting colours of the text and background capture the readers attention?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending