The Student Room Group

A2 Government and Politics AQA predictions 3a/4a?

Hey everyone,
I know it's extremely early but there's quite a lot of content to learn so does anyone have any predictions on A2 Government and Politics AQA (especially on unit 3 a)? thanks

Scroll to see replies

My teacher has predicted for political parties (3a) party organisation and the political parties' strength/weakness. Try to include loads of evidence of the 2016 presidential race (i.e you could find evidence about how the Republican Party hate Trump but can't stop him) to help you get top marks!
Also, I've predicted for Voting Behaviour (3A) a 30 marker on turnout/absention and maybe the significance of the gender gap - came up in Jan 2011 and they like to recycle old questions. I would also revise recency factors since a question solely on it hasn't come up before.
thank you so much! This is v helpful!!☺️
Reply 4
hi what do you or your teacher think will come up for pressure groups?
Original post by jarodu
hi what do you or your teacher think will come up for pressure groups?

I'm not going to do pressure groups - sorry!
Reply 6
Original post by annabanana12
My teacher has predicted for political parties (3a) party organisation and the political parties' strength/weakness. Try to include loads of evidence of the 2016 presidential race (i.e you could find evidence about how the Republican Party hate Trump but can't stop him) to help you get top marks!

Hi thanks for the predictions. But what do you mean about the parties strengths and weaknesses? Is that like party decline and renewal?

Also has your teacher come up with any predictions for 4A?
Original post by Shsjsk
Hi thanks for the predictions. But what do you mean about the parties strengths and weaknesses? Is that like party decline and renewal?

Yeah that'll be relevant and you could also mention the weakness/disadvantages of having a 2-party system as well.

I personally think a 30 marker on the social composition of Congress could come up for the Legislative because it's a key content that hasn't been asked since around 2010. I'm not really sure for the 10 marker but perhaps congressional oversight (which maybe could be a 30 marker) or impeachment?

For the Consitution, the significance of the Bill of Rights hasn't come up for a couple of years, and neither has federalism so they could be the 10 and 30 marker respectively.

Something on congressional relations with the Executive branch (the influence/factors in their relationship) would be a good guess for the Executive 30 marker.

These predictions are based solely on what sub-topics have/have not come up in previous years so who knows what they'll throw in.
is it weird that I'm doing 3B AND 4A?
I think it's perfectly fine to do so, it's just that the a's go together in terms of content and likewise with the b's!
Reply 10
Original post by queenaaliyah
I think it's perfectly fine to do so, it's just that the a's go together in terms of content and likewise with the b's!

Hey how are you revising for politics?
Original post by Shsjsk
Hey how are you revising for politics?

I'm just gathering examples from each topic of the specification and writing essay plans for each, how about you?
Let's make it live boys.
Im doing 3b not 3a but im doing 4a.
What US topics are you guys revising?
Im doing supreme court+Constitution
Reply 13
Original post by queenaaliyah
I'm just gathering examples from each topic of the specification and writing essay plans for each, how about you?

Same! I'm literally writing essay plans for every question dating back to 2009 for 3A but can't find that many on 4A so just revising notes for that and making up my own questions as well as the past papers available.
Original post by Shsjsk
Same! I'm literally writing essay plans for every question dating back to 2009 for 3A but can't find that many on 4A so just revising notes for that and making up my own questions as well as the past papers available.

Yeah me too! but to be fair, I think the questions in 4a tend to be a lot broader and repetitive so it should be okay hopefully to just cover the topics
Has anyone got any predictions for the electoral process and direct democracy?
I was thinking the same?
Original post by BirdIsWord
Let's make it live boys.
Im doing 3b not 3a but im doing 4a.
What US topics are you guys revising?
Im doing supreme court+Constitution

I'm doing the same 4a topics. What do you think might come up? I think maybe federalism for the constitution or does the constitution still work? For Supreme Court I think maybe how they protect citizens rights or an essay about judicial restraint/activism or strict/loose constructionism (same kinda thing).
Original post by annabanana12
Yeah that'll be relevant and you could also mention the weakness/disadvantages of having a 2-party system as well.

I personally think a 30 marker on the social composition of Congress could come up for the Legislative because it's a key content that hasn't been asked since around 2010. I'm not really sure for the 10 marker but perhaps congressional oversight (which maybe could be a 30 marker) or impeachment?

For the Consitution, the significance of the Bill of Rights hasn't come up for a couple of years, and neither has federalism so they could be the 10 and 30 marker respectively.

Something on congressional relations with the Executive branch (the influence/factors in their relationship) would be a good guess for the Executive 30 marker.

These predictions are based solely on what sub-topics have/have not come up in previous years so who knows what they'll throw in.

Original post by Shsjsk

Party decline/renewal is a separate essay to the two-party system one isn't it...
Original post by katemate98
I'm doing the same 4a topics. What do you think might come up? I think maybe federalism for the constitution or does the constitution still work? For Supreme Court I think maybe how they protect citizens rights or an essay about judicial restraint/activism or strict/loose constructionism (same kinda thing).

Yeah im thinking the same. There's not too much to say on federalism though imo..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending