The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by junayd1998
il be happy with a C tbh, hate english.

I am burning all my books, of mice and men, exercise books, past papers. it's all going
Original post by johnhall027
how many marks u reckon ill lose if i didnt do the subheading in question 2?

1,3 and 5 were good
idk about 2 i didnt do anything from the subheading, expecting to get 4/8
6 turned into a full on rant
****ed up 4 so badly loool

**** i did the same !! does that mean i wont get any credit for my 'shoots' interpretation. fs i only did 2 paragraphs for question 4 loool

As long as your analysis of headline and image are pretty good, then you should only lose like 2/3 marks if it's marked equally for the headline, image and sub-headline.
looooooooool, same, i was ripping people who didn't wanna travel outside great britain pretty bad

omg literally the same, only did two paragraphs, i dunno man, there are some people on here saying that you're allowed to analyse the sub-headline, but the question did say 'texts' but IDKKKK, imma have to ask my teacher, he's gonna be pissed
Reply 62
Oh no I think I messed up question 6. I argued for staying in uk and not travelling abroad 🙄😫 did anyone else do this? Have I lost the marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
does anyone know how many marks you can get on question 5 if you don't actually answer the question? i meant to write about getting lost and how it pushed me to my limit finding my way back but i never actually wrote about limits and only wrote about getting lost,not finding my way back cos i ran out of time...basically my question 5 was just describing me getting lost. i didn't explain anything either, would i get any marks?aha
Original post by babymarima
As long as your analysis of headline and image are pretty good, then you should only lose like 2/3 marks if it's marked equally for the headline, image and sub-headline.
looooooooool, same, i was ripping people who didn't wanna travel outside great britain pretty bad

omg literally the same, only did two paragraphs, i dunno man, there are some people on here saying that you're allowed to analyse the sub-headline, but the question did say 'texts' but IDKKKK, imma have to ask my teacher, he's gonna be pissed

lmao my proudest moment in that exam was thinking of the headline
Costa del Sol or Costa del Skeggy?
other than that english can smd
reckon grade boundaries will be higher or lower than last year?

I feel as though the grade boundaries will stay the same since it didn't change from 2014; I'm not exactly sure. What d'you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lmao my proudest moment in that exam was thinking of the headline
Costa del Sol or Costa del Skeggy?
other than that english can smd

that's pretty sick
Original post by miapeters
does anyone know how many marks you can get on question 5 if you don't actually answer the question? i meant to write about getting lost and how it pushed me to my limit finding my way back but i never actually wrote about limits and only wrote about getting lost,not finding my way back cos i ran out of time...basically my question 5 was just describing me getting lost. i didn't explain anything either, would i get any marks?aha

You've answered the first part of the question about describing what pushed you off your limits but did you write about how it affected you in anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manda77
Oh no I think I messed up question 6. I argued for staying in uk and not travelling abroad 🙄😫 did anyone else do this? Have I lost the marks?

nah thats fine!! dont worry, u just had to pick a side, it doesnt matter which one as long as u can argue for it well :smile:
Original post by Halzy1234
I feel as though the grade boundaries will stay the same since it didn't change from 2014; I'm not exactly sure. What d'you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i swear grade boundaries went down one mark in 2015 cos it was 58 marks for an A* in 2014, and 57 marks for an A* in 2015?

I really don't want it to go above 57 marks for an A*, but I think a lot of people found this exam alright, so they may go up.

Hoping that they don't have the goddamn nerve to raise it to 61/80 like they did in 2012, cos some b*tches may get hurt
Reply 70
nah thats fine!! dont worry, u just had to pick a side, it doesnt matter which one as long as u can argue for it well :smile:

Phew thank you
Original post by miapeters

as long as you've used creative techniques in describing what happened. You will for sure get some marks, dunno how many and dunno how many you've lost. but content isn't as important as your use of techniques.

But then again, i could be chattin a lot of ****
i swear grade boundaries went down one mark in 2015 cos it was 58 marks for an A* in 2014, and 57 marks for an A* in 2015?

I really don't want it to go above 57 marks for an A*, but I think a lot of people found this exam alright, so they may go up.

Hoping that they don't have the goddamn nerve to raise it to 61/80 like they did in 2012, cos some b*tches may get hurt

I don't think it'll change tbh, it should stay as 57 to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it?

I found that my time keeping f*cked up completely
I had enough time to finish question 6, but I found that I still didn't write enough (one side and a paragraph)
Also question 4 I accidentally analysed 'shoots' in the Bear Grylls source, which I'm not sure is allowed because it was in the sub-headline?

And question 3 is always a misery :'(

Chill, it did say in Q3 that use the sub headline, headline and picture
Reply 74
I didn't format my question 5 answer as a letter? Will that affect my mark ?
Guys i didnt do question 6 cos of timing do u think that my grade will b really bad?
Original post by Halzy1234
You've answered the first part of the question about describing what pushed you off your limits but did you write about how it affected you in anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

noo not at all:/ do you think I'd get about 5 marks at least?
Guys omg :redface: I just realised that for Q5 you were meant to write it as a letter. If you forgot to put dear sir / madam and yours sincerely will you lose a lot of marks :frown: if it is still well written could I get at least 12/16
Original post by hunnycat12181
Guys i didnt do question 6 cos of timing do u think that my grade will b really bad?

How did you find Q1,2,3,4&5 overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glaci
i didn't format my question 5 answer as a
letter? Will that affect my mark ?

omg same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending