The Student Room Group

CCEA - AS History Thread

Scroll to see replies

Could a question on how Germany went from autocracy to democracy (like after World War One) come up? Our teacher covered it in great detail but I'm not even sure if it's on the course or whether it was just background
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gkelly570
Could a question on how Germany went from autocracy to democracy (like after World War One) come up? Our teacher covered it in great detail but I'm not even sure if it's on the course or whether it was just background

I don't think so. Our starting point was the Weimar Constitution and the Treaty of Versailles so hopefully nothing does come up before that because I have no notes on it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks CCEA for now making me question if every topic could come up. Needed that.
Original post by studyblr_mr
I don't think so. Our starting point was the Weimar Constitution and the Treaty of Versailles so hopefully nothing does come up before that because I have no notes on it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's good, it deff won't come up cause it's not even on the spec, wonder why our teacher made such a big deal out of it!! Good luck
Original post by jmcm98
I don't have many interpretations for the threats to the Weimar Republic apart from the Munich Putsch...anybody else?

How on earth have you managed? Threats to Weimar has the most interps.

So you've got:
Hobsawn TOV doomed weimar from the start
Carr- faced threats from unreformed judicary
Bullock- Hyper inflation undermined Weimar more than any long term factor
Fullrook- the Hyperinflation psychology one
Wirth- Enemies of the state stand on the right
Seekt- Troops dont fire on troops
Hitler- The national revolution has begun
Hinton- violent threats were too unsupported and unorganised to be successful and overthrow Weimar.

I hope that helps
anybody know where I can find interpretations for Germany? I'm repeating the AS from last year and so have no notes or anything from teachers this year. thanks! xx
Reply 66
Original post by Mr_fruppy
How on earth have you managed? Threats to Weimar has the most interps.

So you've got:
Hobsawn TOV doomed weimar from the start
Carr- faced threats from unreformed judicary
Bullock- Hyper inflation undermined Weimar more than any long term factor
Fullrook- the Hyperinflation psychology one
Wirth- Enemies of the state stand on the right
Seekt- Troops dont fire on troops
Hitler- The national revolution has begun
Hinton- violent threats were too unsupported and unorganised to be successful and overthrow Weimar.

I hope that helps

Thanks that's helpful but I probably should have been more specific. I meant individual political threats like Kapp Putsch, Red Rising in the Ruhr, German October etc. but I don't think there are many interpretations on the individual ones
Reply 67
Original post by studyblr_mr
Does anybody think culture and the arts could come up as a 35 mark? Since it isn't a huge topic I am hoping not but does anybody have a feeling it will?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Culture and Arts hasn't come up since June 2013 so I wouldn't be surprised if it did come up! It doesn't come up that often and as the spec changes next year I think it's v likely that it will bc they'll have more new things they could ask next year so might not have the opportunity to ask it again for a while after this year
i really hope culture doesnt come up cause i have very little to say about it haha! im hoping threats to weimar and young people come up at the moment! looking at the mark scheme i dont think they will ask anything that has already been asked twice like economy, jews, consolidation and rise to power but you never know! its such a gamble
Reply 69
Original post by sunflower17
i really hope culture doesnt come up cause i have very little to say about it haha! im hoping threats to weimar and young people come up at the moment! looking at the mark scheme i dont think they will ask anything that has already been asked twice like economy, jews, consolidation and rise to power but you never know! its such a gamble

I don't think that culture could come up as a 35 but def a 12! A lot of people I've talked to think that the 35 will be young people so fingers crossed!
Original post by jmcm98
I don't think that culture could come up as a 35 but def a 12! A lot of people I've talked to think that the 35 will be young people so fingers crossed!

Is there enough for young people?? How would they word it and do you bring in women and jews etc
Reply 71
Original post by Bubbles98
Is there enough for young people?? How would they word it and do you bring in women and jews etc

They usually combine it with women I think but you could bring in the stuff about Jewish young people and their schools etc x
Original post by jmcm98
They usually combine it with women I think but you could bring in the stuff about Jewish young people and their schools etc x

Thanks!! Any tips for interpretation part of 35 marker??
Reply 73
does anyone have any idea what the sources might be? and how often do we need to quote them for our 35 mark??
and what about Q1a too??
im thinking of doing the 35 marker first
Can Weimar etc be the source work ? It hasn't been on since 2010 but I'm nervous as to why no one is thinkingit might be. Also suspect consolidation of power!x
I'm doing a repeat but I've genuinely not learn anything for this until there now, really really worried! Haha so trying to guess
Can somebody please tell me what the 11 marks for interpretation in the 35 marker are?? Like is it our own interpretations?? HELP
Original post by Bubbles98
Can somebody please tell me what the 11 marks for interpretation in the 35 marker are?? Like is it our own interpretations?? HELP

It includes our own interpretations and also historian interpretations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know any option 3 Britain predictions by any chance?
How's everyone find the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending