The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neiltsrboi
Guys omg :redface: I just realised that for Q5 you were meant to write it as a letter. If you forgot to put dear sir / madam and yours sincerely will you lose a lot of marks :frown: if it is still well written could I get at least 12/16

Omg I never wrote it as an letter either 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miapeters
noo not at all:/ do you think I'd get about 5 marks at least?

I'm sure you'd get more than 5 depending on how you've written, if you've used all techniques etc you should be able to get over 9 marks or at least 10 marks hopefully so I'm sure you won't lose many marks as once in my mock I couldn't finish it off but still received 10 marks for how I wrote and techniques used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Halzy1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't write it as a letter either, and I wrote it in a bit of a more informal style!! Do you think I'll lose loads of marks? Also how much is the controlled assessment worth?
Original post by babymarima
as long as you've used creative techniques in describing what happened. You will for sure get some marks, dunno how many and dunno how many you've lost. but content isn't as important as your use of techniques.

But then again, i could be chattin a lot of ****

hahaa, thinking about it now I phrased it well but only used about 2 language feautures - it took me so long to think of anything that had 'pushed my limits' that i had no time to actually write about it... so I'm guessing I didn't do too welll :K:
Reply 84
Original post by willow2341
I got a D and I answered question 2, 5 and 6 fully i ran out of time on question 1 and only did half of it. what do you think i?

Do you know your exact coursework mark? I'd be able to give you a more accurate answer then.
How did you find Q1,2,3,4&5 overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 and 2 were good
3 was ok
4 i ****ed it up
5 was good

Posted from TSR Mobile

RIP :frown:
I'm sure you'd get more than 5 depending on how you've written, if you've used all techniques etc you should be able to get over 9 marks or at least 10 marks hopefully so I'm sure you won't lose many marks as once in my mock I couldn't finish it off but still received 10 marks for how I wrote and techniques used.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've just realised that I included barely any language features - my writing was sophisticated and had emotive language and short sentences but had little else as far as I can remember... ****
Original post by hunnycat12181
1 and 2 were good
3 was ok
4 i ****ed it up
5 was good

How did you do on your coursework overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Wait are you sure question 5 was a letter?
How did you do on your coursework overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got one band 2 and one band 4
What grade is that
do you know roughly how many marks I'd need for an A in this exam if I only dropped one mark in my coursework?
Original post by luciie

Yes, it said write a letter to the newspaper talking about a time you pushed yourself to the limit and overcame it, and how it affected you
Reply 93
What did everyone put for question 4? I wrote about studying for exams and went all meta but everyone I have spoke to has wrote about physically pushing limits
Original post by Manda77
Oh no I think I messed up question 6. I argued for staying in uk and not travelling abroad 🙄😫 did anyone else do this? Have I lost the marks?

I did to, as far as I know it doesn't matter what side you pick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luciie

Wasn't question 5 a newspaper article? Yes it was. It's an article called 'off your limits' or something. I'm not sure as to whether it was a letter or newspaper article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by babymarima
How did everyone find it?

I found that my time keeping f*cked up completely
I had enough time to finish question 6, but I found that I still didn't write enough (one side and a paragraph)
Also question 4 I accidentally analysed 'shoots' in the Bear Grylls source, which I'm not sure is allowed because it was in the sub-headline?

And question 3 is always a misery :'(

Don't worry, I did the same thing but I read the question and it asked for techniques in the title, picture AND sub-headline
Original post by Glaci
What did everyone put for question 4? I wrote about studying for exams and went all meta but everyone I have spoke to has wrote about physically pushing limits

Omg same! #GreatMindsThinkAlike

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Wasn't question 5 a newspaper article? Yes it was. It's an article called 'off your limits' or something. I'm not sure as to whether it was a letter or newspaper article.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping it was an article or else I'm screwed
Original post by luciie
I'm hoping it was an article or else I'm screwed

It definitely said write a letter :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest