The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone..

Currently in year 13. In regards to banking, what would a recruiter be attracted to most?

2:1 in Mechancial Engineering at University Of Nottingham

1st - Mech Engineering- University of Hertfordshire.

Please give your opinons? What applicant would have a better chance of getting interviews etc?
Original post by Motivation21
Hello everyone..

Currently in year 13. In regards to banking, what would a recruiter be attracted to most?

Please give your opinons? What applicant would have a better chance of getting interviews etc?

notts
Original post by Motivation21
Hello everyone..

Lol Hertfordshire shouldn't be an option

Also why do you keep hopping around different unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWTS
Does anyone know how many people are going to the CS insight day?

when I was there last year, there were around 75 (we were split into 15 groups of 5 for the interview 'practise' session)
Reply 164
Original post by tazza ma razza
when I was there last year, there were around 75 (we were split into 15 groups of 5 for the interview 'practise' session)

Ah okay thanks :smile:, how did you find it last year?
Original post by BWTS
Ah okay thanks :smile:, how did you find it last year?

by far the best of the available programmes. CS>JPM>BAML>MS

I f@cked the CS one tho as i didn't realise that there was an opportunity to fast track and I got asked the most BS question in the interview 'practise' session that i messed up on.

It is actually really insightful, you get about 1-2 hours of talking to FO people of all levels, not just grads who dont give a crap for like 20 mins.

I f@cked the CS one tho as i didn't realise that there was an opportunity to fast track and I got asked the most BS question in the interview 'practise' session that i messed up on.

It is actually really insightful, you get about 1-2 hours of talking to FO people of all levels, not just grads who dont give a crap for like 20 mins.

Eh? I sat with a couple grads and younger traders on different desks at RBS for 3 hours. Learnt a metric crap tonne as well as it was basically a bonds 101 tutorial aha. One of the traders there actually reneged GS for RBS lmao.

Fully recommend RBS' programme this year to anyone reading this, though if you want to be in the FO bit, make sure you choose London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
last year I heard people receive offers at exactly 13:26 on the 11/06/15, but I heard some people got offers at 13:30 so might be different this year.

Very useful, I'll spend the 11th refreshing my application pages.

p.s supporting the leave campaign shows you really care about the financial services industry, well done!
Original post by Princepieman
Eh? I sat with a couple grads and younger traders on different desks at RBS for 3 hours. Learnt a metric crap tonne as well as it was basically a bonds 101 tutorial aha. One of the traders there actually reneged GS for RBS lmao.

Fully recommend RBS' programme this year to anyone reading this, though if you want to be in the FO bit, make sure you choose London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am applying to rbs this year, i didn't realise they offered a programme until the deadline passed last year so i can't pass comment on it tho from what your saying, sounds like you had a great time there :smile:
Original post by usualsuspects

p.s supporting the leave campaign shows you really care about the financial services industry, well done!

He's not being serious you know right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
He's not being serious you know right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that's quite obvious hahaha!
My post was ironic too (in case it's not clear)
Yes, that's quite obvious hahaha!
My post was ironic too (in case it's not clear)

Fair aha, couldn't catch the irony my bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the telephone interviews after the insight day is used to fast track people??

lool dont get me started on the EU !
I thought the telephone interviews after the insight day is used to fast track people??

you are right. but how do they know who to interview? they don't interview everyone.
you are right. but how do they know who to interview? they don't interview everyone.

oh right didnt know that, cant imagine the questions being very difficult though seeing as its an A-level insight day?
oh right didnt know that, cant imagine the questions being very difficult though seeing as its an A-level insight day?

They weren't - but you know, now, they are gonna ask you some questions - i found out 3 mins before hand, so i found it hard as i hadn't prepared/looked over any competencies prior to the day :smile: I assumed like you, that everyone gets an interview when they said that they in fact will do 'practise' interviews and then it clicked. TBF its all competencies so in hindsight it is easy - just come up with a story etc star technique blah blah job's a goodun
when does RBS - Insight day Open for apps??
Original post by WarwickSeptember
when does RBS - Insight day Open for apps??

sometime this month apparently

btw what uni you going to from september?
Does anybody know if RBS requires a cover letter within their application for Insight days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending