The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

What did you put for why increase in phosphate meant the embryo was growing? I had no idea, I think I wrote something about the presence of phosphates in DNA and cell membrane structure but I'm not sure if that was the sort of stuff you were meant to talk about.
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Weird how nothing or meiosis, mitosis, selection, heart, species + taxonomy, breathign mechanisms came up in either paper.

What did you guys put for the process used in the worm to get oxygen.

I think it's just simple diffusion.
What did people get for the ratio?
What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was
What was answer to the question about someone going up the stairs? I said less oxygen is getting to the cells for respiration. :/

My ratio was 3.6:1
(edited 7 years ago)
which box did people tick for the value of the heart rate?

66.7 but wasn't sure
Original post by Csd1999
What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was

I got 2.9 for the diameter but didnt get that ratio
Original post by lilyjacks
I got 2.9 for the diameter but didnt get that ratio

Yeah but 2.86 and 2.9 are the same, did it say to how many significant figures?
Did anyone get 70 for the stroke volume?
for the FEV and walking up the stairs question I didnt refer to oxygen as it was about the max vol of air breathed out (didnt say about breathing in) so i said it couldnt expel the co2 rich air, a build up of lactic acid would form causing pain and fatigue
Original post by Csd1999

I did
Original post by Csd1999

Yeah I got 70 for the SV. Did you get 66.7 bpm? I have a feeling it's wrong because it might be a trick question, idk.

Also, I got 2.85 (or something like that) times higher after calculating the area using pi r squared and then divided? No idea if that was right as some people just divided the diameters directly.
Original post by CrazyFool229
Yeah I got 70 for the SV. Did you get 66.7 bpm? I have a feeling it's wrong because it might be a trick question, idk.

Also, I got 2.85 (or something like that) times higher after calculating the area using pi r squared and then divided? No idea if that was right as some people just divided the diameters directly.

I got 2.86, and for the tick box I got 75 but my original answer was 66.7 too so I see what you were thinking- I'm not sure which is right to be honest
does anybody have an unnoficial mark scheme
someone please make unofficial mark scheme
Reply 637
For the ratio I got 4:1.1 ? And then exactly two times larger as I calculated the radius of d and b???
Original post by neyscar
What did you put for why increase in phosphate meant the embryo was growing? I had no idea, I think I wrote something about the presence of phosphates in DNA and cell membrane structure but I'm not sure if that was the sort of stuff you were meant to talk about.

I put that too, wasn't sure what else to write about :s-smilie:
Original post by Lit34
For the ratio I got 4:1.1 ? And then exactly two times larger as I calculated the radius of d and b???

I think you had to work out the area then do the ration which is around 2.86

Quick Reply