The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by arronpile
what was the name of the polypetpide structure with two or more chains

Quaternary Structure I put, not 100% sure if thats right though?
I also got 56 for the difference question!
Original post by Kwaks
I completely agree with you. They messed me over. Too many interpretations of data and not enough knowledge based things (which I spent so long revising for)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I prepared really thoroughly for this exam. I know everything so well. I mastered the exam practice but that is not enough...

YOU NEED TO BE PHYSIC. And I'm sorry but I'm not. I did not have the allele for it.
Original post by saira123x
I got 216.6 for the distance question.. Is this right?

how did u get that
Reply 83
what if you got 56 but forgot to put it on the actual answer line?!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone gonna do an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Kwaks
I completely agree with you. They messed me over. Too many interpretations of data and not enough knowledge based things (which I spent so long revising for)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I prepared really thoroughly for this exam. I know everything so well. I mastered the exam practice but that is not enough...

YOU NEED TO BE PHYSIC. And I'm sorry but I'm not. I do not have the allele for it
Original post by hanniej
what if you got 56 but forgot to put it on the actual answer line?!

You should be fine.
Original post by Kwaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

YOU NEED TO BE PHYSIC. And I'm sorry but I'm not. I do not have the allele for it.
Original post by maggie43
how did u get that

I calculated scale bar as 1.5cm
And then the line as 6.5cm?
Reply 89
Original post by arronpile
leaf is an organ

I said organ too. I don't know. 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me how you're supposed to do the drawing circles in Q1 because people are debating how to do it at school.
Original post by saira123x
I got 216.6 for the distance question.. Is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it was 200 um
The question about why is the DNA between 1 and 2 arb units?

Odd number of chromosomes/ species is infertile? I dunno
Original post by Ordo
Hi how you guys feeling about this exam? Please share revision tips and feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to this one. What do you think might come up in exam?

From 2010 Jan to 2015 June: each worth 6 marks.
- Describe how comparisons of biological molecules in these two species could be used to find out if they are closely related.
- Describe the processes that lead to a reduction in the genetic diversity of populations of organisms.
- Arteries and arterioles take blood away from the heart. Explain how the structures of the walls of arteries and arterioles are related to their functions.
- Describe how gene transmission and selection have increased the difficulty of treating bacterial infection with antibiotics.
- Explain how oxygen is loaded, transported and unloaded in the blood.
- Describe how tissue fluid is formed and how it is returned to the circulatory system.
- Describe how DNA is replicated.
- Explain how water enter xylem from the endodermis in the root and is then transported to the leaves.
- Explain how the structure of DNA is related to its functions.
-A mutation can lead to the production of a non-functional enzyme. Explain how.

Physics & Maths Tutor - http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/aqa-unit-2/
VBiology - http://vbio.weebly.com/aqa-unit-2-revision-pack.html-
Revision notes - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8rrkIpd4s1gUTIxN0p0QTJRbS1sSVNJeTNLME5adw&usp=drive_web

TWO DAYS LEFT

6 MARKS QUESTION COULD BE ANYTHING LIKE IN UNIT 1 - THAT LAST QUESTION WAS SO RANDOM

Good luck :smile:

On the New Spec the non functional protein question came up as a 4 marker.
The 7401/2 was a good paper! Had 2 5 markers on starch and cellulose structure to function and transport processes in phloem.
How did the BIOL2 paper go today?
I put 55 for the difference question do you think there will be a range??
Please can someone make an unofficial mark scheme
Reply 96
What is a phylogenetic group????????? Is it evolutionary relationships?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the answer for explaining advantage of the graph where the blood flow decreased during exercise
Original post by Kwaks
I said organ too. I don't know. 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it said its made of different cells? So then isnt it a tissue...?!?
Original post by Kira Yagami
The question about why is the DNA between 1 and 2 arb units?

Odd number of chromosomes/ species is infertile? I dunno

I said these cells were undergoing DNA replication whilst other cells had finished/not started it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending