The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sydneyl3igh
I put 55 for the difference question do you think there will be a range??

I put 57.. I hope there's a range
I did 80 - 23
Original post by Kwaks
What is a phylogenetic group????????? Is it evolutionary relationships?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep thats what i put! Yay 1 mark...
Reply 102
Original post by Suits101
Can anyone tell me how you're supposed to do the drawing circles in Q1 because people are debating how to do it at school.

I drew 2 circles 1 for each genus then 1 circle inside each of those for the species
for the question about the artery and about vigorous excerise...

I said the advatnage is that less blood an hence glucose is transported to small intenstine so more is transported to muscle cells so they can respire which is essential for muscle contraction/ small intestine is not involve din excersie something like that..

It was all really weird i said random things
Reply 104
Original post by arronpile
what was the answer for explaining advantage of the graph where the blood flow decreased during exercise

It is to the right meaning the haemoglobin more readily unloads oxygen at higher partial pressures than normal humans.

Edit: read it wrong lol. I said during exercise muscle cells are carrying out respiration. More blood is diverted to muscles so they get more oxygen. So flow towards intestine decreases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I said these cells were undergoing DNA replication whilst other cells had finished/not started it

I said the same as you
Original post by arronpile
what was the answer for explaining advantage of the graph where the blood flow decreased during exercise

I'm not sure completely but I spoke about:

More oxygenated blood is transferred to the respirong tissues for more respiration because there's less blood flow from the aorta into the intestines/wherever.
Reply 107
Original post by annabelflynn
I thought it said its made of different cells? So then isnt it a tissue...?!?

I thought a tissue was a group of similar cells working to perform a function.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annabelflynn
I thought it said its made of different cells? So then isnt it a tissue...?!?

no because it said MANY different cells for DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS meaning an organ
what did you guts say the six marker? and the last question
Original post by gibbooo
I drew 2 circles 1 for each genus then 1 circle inside each of those for the species

I did the same! This is definitely right - you needed to do two different circles because their genus and species was different :smile:
I'm not sure completely but I spoke about:

More oxygenated blood is transferred to the respirong tissues for more respiration because there's less blood flow from the aorta into the intestines/wherever.

I spoke about that too!
Original post by Kira Yagami

I said the advatnage is that less blood an hence glucose is transported to small intenstine so more is transported to muscle cells so they can respire which is essential for muscle contraction/ small intestine is not involve din excersie something like that..

Yeah i wrote something along the lines of more blood to muscles and thus more respiration can occur for muscle contractions
That paper was just so much worse than last years paper. I Think that only tested 30% of the spec. I was just sitting raging at how hard that paper was. The 6 Mark question was one of the worst if not thee worst 6 Mark question. I am retaking and they screwed me up bad. Was hoping to get full UMS, but that's out of the question. I think A is out of the question. Might go and make a Hitler reacts video and hope the AQA examiners see it.😡😡
For the circle question.. I drew 2 circles
One for genus and one for species
But I drew labels to the circles with both genus and species ?
Reply 115
Original post by Ibraldo
That paper was just so much worse than last years paper. I Think that only tested 30% of the spec. I was just sitting raging at how hard that paper was. The 6 Mark question was one of the worst if not thee worst 6 Mark question. I am retaking and they screwed me up bad. Was hoping to get full UMS, but that's out of the question. I think A is out of the question. Might go and make a Hitler reacts video and hope the AQA examiners see it.😡😡

Do it! Then link it here please :biggrin:
the one about insects....

Spricalses open, oxygen diffuses in down conc gradient to the tracheoles where oxygen diffuses into cells for respiration?

I said that there is a steep conc gradient because oxygen is being used up repsiring tissues.
Reply 117
I regret revising because nothing actually came up.. for the DNA section did you tick the first two boxes for homologous? Then only the middle box was mitosis
Original post by Kira Yagami

Exactly what I said in my post about this too - this question was similar to another one, where it's mainly marks for:

More RBC containing more oxygen
More oxygen to respirong tissues
More respiration
More energy released (from ATP) for muscle contraction

Original post by gibbooo

I did two circles, one genus one species

Then labelled genus one with their names (e.g Tiger - genus name clouded leopard - genus name) and same for species

Is this right?
Original post by Ibraldo

I got an A last year in unit 2 and I'm super glad I didn't resit for more UMS, I've heard the 6 marker was on blood kidney circulation??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending