The Student Room Group
Depends how much you need the money mate, if you don't really need it and just want out. Then don't turn up for work, simple
Reply 2
I've never heard of a notice period being enforced. Are they really going to force you in to work?
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
I've never heard of a notice period being enforced. Are they really going to force you in to work?

Im not being enforced to although im being allowed to use rest of my holiday even tho for some reason its unpaid
Reply 4
Original post by ChrisDe98
Depends how much you need the money mate, if you don't really need it and just want out. Then don't turn up for work, simple

With this job i have a bit of onlone training to finish off and then they will get my some shifts and its weekly pay so money isnt really the problem
Reply 5
Original post by JakeStokey
Im not being enforced to although im being allowed to use rest of my holiday even tho for some reason its unpaid

If youre taking the days off as holiday then they must be paid as your normal annual leave would be.
Have some confidence and leave, tell the boss straight and walk out. Simple
Reply 7
Original post by Reue
If youre taking the days off as holiday then they must be paid as your normal annual leave would be.

He has outrightsaid it wouldn't be pay
Reply 8
Original post by ChrisDe98
Have some confidence and leave, tell the boss straight and walk out. Simple

I might just finish this training for the other job and then walk from my current work
Reply 9
He has outrightsaid it wouldn't be pay

Get that in writing :wink:
He must pay you for the holiday. Look at your agreement. Im torn between saying just leave (unprofessional) against raising the issue with him and all the aggro.
I get the feeling if you try and sort it out he wont like it and you are already on poor terms.

He wont be able to enforce it. You shouldnt leave them in the lurch. You should let your next employer know whats going on.

Apprenticeship helpline
[email protected]
Telephone: 0800 015 0400
8am to 10pm, 7 days a week
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
He must pay you for the holiday. Look at your agreement. Im torn between saying just leave (unprofessional) against raising the issue with him and all the aggro.
I get the feeling if you try and sort it out he wont like it and you are already on poor terms.

He wont be able to enforce it. You shouldnt leave them in the lurch. You should let your next employer know whats going on.

Apprenticeship helpline
[email protected]
Telephone: 0800 015 0400
8am to 10pm, 7 days a week

He made me work with a tirn muscle and inflamed fluid sack on my muscle for months and made me feel bad for it and pretty much saying i was using it as an excuse even tho id shown him doctors notes even a fitness for work under ammended duties which he ignored (work in a warehouse btw)
I'm guessing you are rather shy but you should've stood up for yourself. If you have proof of him ignoring this and saying he will not pay for your untaken holiday then you may want to look into an employment tribunal against him to get the compensation you deserve
He made me work with a tirn muscle and inflamed fluid sack on my muscle for months and made me feel bad for it and pretty much saying i was using it as an excuse even tho id shown him doctors notes even a fitness for work under ammended duties which he ignored (work in a warehouse btw)

Then you can call in health and safety of you want. It doesnt make much difference. Ring the SFA and see what thye have to say.
He cnat make you work, they cna sue you for the money.

They are neuther likely to make you work or sue you. Just clear it with your current/new employer. I wouldnt babk in getting your money.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Then you can call in health and safety of you want. It doesnt make much difference. Ring the SFA and see what thye have to say.
He cnat make you work, they cna sue you for the money.

They are neuther likely to make you work or sue you. Just clear it with your current/new employer. I wouldnt babk in getting your money.

Huh couldn't understand bottom bit of that
Huh couldn't understand bottom bit of that

They are neither likely to make you work your notice period if you dont show up or sue you. Just clear it with your new employer. I wouldnt bank on getting your money for any outsanding wages if you walk.
Reply 16
They are neither likely to make you work your notice period if you dont show up or sue you. Just clear it with your new employer. I wouldnt bank on getting your money for any outsanding wages if you walk.

Tbf i dont mind about the wages cause my other job is weekly pay

Spoiler

Latest