The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louise12307
I LOVED the pressure groups questions! The 25 marker was such a God-send as I had written an essay on it that my teacher gave me 23/25 for so I wrote a plan on it the night before and had examples and everything! I finished 10 minutes early, probably thanks to that extra prep for that question as I literally just regurgitated my plan!

The democracy question however... I died inside for like 5 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shoulda done PGs and elections
I didn't revisee PGs so I had to democracy which was my downfall
Elections wasn't too difficult though
My class is hopeless at unit 2 and unit 1 couldve gone better
Is anyone else revising all four topics? I can't take the risk after the nasty question we got on democracy!

ugh that question was horrific
i havent got time to do 4 so I'm doing 3 just to be safe
was gonna do constitution & parliament as they never come up in the same section but who knows what edexcel is planning
Original post by ThatGurl
was gonna do constitution & parliament as they never come up in the same section but who knows what edexcel is planning

I really doubt they will appear in the same section but yeah don't take that risk lool
I LOVED the pressure groups questions! The 25 marker was such a God-send as I had written an essay on it that my teacher gave me 23/25 for so I wrote a plan on it the night before and had examples and everything! I finished 10 minutes early, probably thanks to that extra prep for that question as I literally just regurgitated my plan!

The democracy question however... I died inside for like 5 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They might lower the grade boundaries as lots of people picked democracy. Hmm, Democracy and pressure groups/or elections is the common trend.
has anyone got a plan for "how effective is the house of lords at carrying out it's functions?" ?
Original post by xxvine
I really doubt they will appear in the same section but yeah don't take that risk lool

ya exactly
What are the grade boundaries usually on this paper?
what would you need to know about devolution in relation to the constitution?
We should all come up with potential parliament questions and post them on here with plans/answers
Original post by MBenjamin
what would you need to know about devolution in relation to the constitution?

That it's a reform as power is now distributed..you could argue we're a unity state or federal state as power has now been distributed to the devolved nations but then again you can still say unity state as parliament is still the sovereign body and can retract those powers whenever it wants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
We should all come up with potential parliament questions and post them on here with plans/answers

That's a good idea, I tend to ramble on a lot so I might just post paragraph titles and the counter + little examples lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr
That it's a reform as power is now distributed..you could argue we're a unity state or federal state as power has now been distributed to the devolved nations but then again you can still say unity state as parliament is still the sovereign body and can retract those powers whenever it wants

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget the 'west lothian question' my teacher is addicted to that
Also problems with devolution such as SOS for NI taking control during 2001
Original post by keirjohnharry
Don't forget the 'west lothian question' my teacher is addicted to that
Also problems with devolution such as SOS for NI taking control during 2001

Ahhh yes that question I completely forgot, and other problems could be that handing them too much power and then not giving them more will make the devolved nations want to leave the uk so they have full control of their region which could lead to the break down of he United Kingdom- a classic problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're a star
thanks!
That's a good idea, I tend to ramble on a lot so I might just post paragraph titles and the counter + little examples lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like 6 parliament qus that can come up
Post essay plans on here
That way we can all learn them and hopefully do well
Original post by MBenjamin
you're a star
thanks!

What Qu is this?
Original post by xxvine
Shoulda done PGs and elections
I didn't revisee PGs so I had to democracy which was my downfall
Elections wasn't too difficult though

When choosing which topics to revise for Unit 1 I had no troubles in immediately dropping elections!! I am terrible at remembering all the different systems I get so muddled with numbers and stats and honestly.... the D'hondt formula???? Like goodbye lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGurl

Too right the evil buggers! Seeing as they likely clocked us on our selective revision for unit 1, they might well stick constitution and parliament in the same section to jack us all up! Can't risk it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending