The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

I had no idea for that phosphate question - I put that the phosphate group had oxygen so therefore more rapid respiration for the growth of the plant, and also due to the instability of the phosphate group they have low activation energy so therefore didnt require a lot of energy to break, so therefore energy was released for rapid growth
Original post by chrisdale98
Overlap between killed regions coz too many killed with a higher concentration?

I put that down. No idea if that is right though
Reply 662
Original post by chrisdale98
Overlap between killed regions coz too many killed with a higher concentration?

I said that, as the zones would merge.
Reply 663
Original post by Jumay
The 40% disinfectant confused me a little what did everyone get for that??

I put so the bacteria doesn't become resistant? Is that a valid point?
Original post by sgill23
I didn't like that paper, it started off well but just got worse. Am I the only one who thinks it?

Totally agree. They were slighly off topic
Original post by yas28
I put so the bacteria doesn't become resistant? Is that a valid point?

I put that
I wrote that with an increase of phosphate more ATP and cell membranes (phospholipid bilayer) can be synthesized, atp energy release for active processes so faster growth and more cell membranes equals more cells
Why did the sample need to be thin?
Reply 668
Some answers I put:
HIV one I put low case of hiv infection and low deaths from hiv
Phosphate one I though it said use graph to show there is a link between phosphate and embryo growth so I just used data from the table at each temperature.
For FEV I put: make sure each didn't breath in or breathed in as much as they can wen finding Feb
Also used same age etc people
25 year olds used to compare and mean calculated for reliability
Elastic tissue in lungs weaken above 30 year olds so they cannot take in air as mch

How many marks was the what is the clear zone caused by? And also why shouldn't above 40% be used?
I got for the ratio 1:3.64 seeing as it was 1.1:4 but you have to simplify so that it is 1:x.
Original post by Luchamb

So as much light can pass through for a clear image as optical microscopes use light? I don't know if that will score 2 marks though.
Reply 671
Original post by Luchamb

To allow light to pass through I think?
Reply 672
Original post by Luchamb

i said so the short wavelength can pass through and so you could see the snall stomata. I completely guessed that question!
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Weird how nothing or meiosis, mitosis, selection, heart, species + taxonomy, breathign mechanisms came up in either paper.

What did you guys put for the process used in the worm to get oxygen.

I was so annoyed that they didn't come up :frown: or protein-synthesis or DNA replication
Reply 674
Original post by Luchamb

I wrote that its one cell thick so that the light can pass through the specimen
Original post by maddie001
I got for the ratio 1:3.64 seeing as it was 1.1:4 but you have to simplify so that it is 1:x.

Yeah I did this too, but rounded to 3.6.
Reply 676
Does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries?
Original post by yas28
Does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries?

hopefully like 60% for an A:frown: probably not though :frown:
Original post by Namita Gurung
I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision. :u:

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
Think I got that one wrong :redface:

I put endopeptidases breaks it down into two polypeptides and then the exopeptidases can then act on four ends instead of two not sure if it's right though
Was the gas exchange one just small so large sa:v and thin short diffusion pathway?

Quick Reply

Latest