The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by mopsybunny
Damn!! I did number in haemoglobin

Oh no 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one got any guesses for grade boundaries??
Reply 222
Original post by mopsybunny
Any one got any guesses for grade boundaries??

I'm just praying they are low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suits101
Look on page 6 there's loads of good responses.

Exactly what I said.

I was unsure whether to mention about capillaries and veins though?

On top of the stuff you guys have mentioned, I went as far as talking about SAN, AVN, Purkinje Fibres, Atrial and ventricular systoles, capillaries over alveoli and stuff. Would I get marked down?
Theres quite a bit of conflict over whether there were supposed to be two circles or four :/ anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Original post by CourtlyCanter
On top of the stuff you guys have mentioned, I went as far as talking about SAN, AVN, Purkinje Fibres, Atrial and ventricular systoles, capillaries over alveoli and stuff. Would I get marked down?

My teacher always says it's better to 'kitchen sink it' (put as much as possible)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Original post by Ordo
Hi what do you think of this paper?
I find this paper ok. I dont understand what is temporary mounts but now i do:ahhhhh:
I put sellotape on slide.

Unofficial Mark scheme (please QUOTE ME IN and help me out so everyone can see this on first page thanks I forgot some questions)

Evolutionary history/relationship [1 mark]

Species of similar characteristics that produce fertile offspring [2 marks]
Notice if you put 'produce fertile offspring' = 2 marks

Phylum, Class and Genus [1 mark]

Two circles -1 for each genus then 1 circle inside each of those for the species [2 marks]

?????? [2 marks]

About vigorous exercise -
More blood to muscles for respiration thus release more energy for muscle contractions.
Less blood glucose goes to small intestine [3 marks]

many different cells for different functions in leaf -
Organ [1 mark]

56% [1 mark]

Use scale bar as shown - 1.6 cm = 50 micrometers so whole length is 6.4cm/1.6 = 4 then x 50
200 micrometers [2 marks]

Some cells were undergoing DNA replication whilst other cells had finished/not started it [1 mark]

Describe the patterns of blood circulation from Kidney blood transported and then return back to Kidney.
Blood leaves kidney via renal vein; [6 marks]
To vena cava - Blood in vena cave goes to right atrium;
Right atrium to right ventricle. Then pulmonary artery to lungs to be oxygenated;
Then pulmonary vein to left atrium then to left ventricle;
Then left ventricle pumps it down the aorta;
Renal artery goes back to the kidney;
Renal vein -> vena cava -> pulmonary artery -> pulmonary vein -> Aorta -> Renal artery

The mesenteric advantage 3marker i put
- Less blood flow to small intestine as not actively absorbing glucose etc
- More blood avalable to flow elsewhere to the body
- More blood able to carry o2 to respiring tissues/cells
-More respiration/more energy able to be generate for cells during intense exercise
Original post by Kira Yagami
Thing is. I wish I could say " I messed up, i didn't revise/ it was hard" but i tried my best ... It wasn't hard, it was just stupid. My teachers agree too, AQA is just an horrible exam board for A level BIOLOGY.

That's why my head of Biology changed our school's Biology exam board for A-levels. Yep, after our year.
Reply 228
Original post by Cake4breakfast
Theres quite a bit of conflict over whether there were supposed to be two circles or four :/ anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did 4 and labelled each with the specific genus name and species name

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CourtlyCanter

As long as your biology is fine, you will not be marked down.
Original post by Cake4breakfast

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kwaks
I did 4 and labelled each with the specific genus name and species name

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem with that, and I might be wrong, is that you're saying one genus is in another genus, and that another species is in another species.
image.png
If they said "define tissue", i wouldve said something like "group of similar cells working together"

Which is why I wrote tissue when they phrased the question something like "a leaf is made up of a group of similar cells, what's this called"

Cos like the definition of an organ is "group of similar tissues", it's so annoying that was such a mean question hahah
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 232
Nooooooo I drew two separate ones like this: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465315552.976349.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by StrugglingPupil
image.png
If they said "define tissue", i wouldve said something like "group of similar cells working together"

Which is why I wrote tissue when they phrased the question something like "a leaf is made up of a group of similar cells, what's this called"

Cos like the definition of an organ is "group of similar tissues", it's so annoying that was such a mean question hahah

They said different cells not similar cells so I put organ. I may be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Nooooooo I drew two separate ones like this: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465315552.976349.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that looks right!
what did people put for the 4 mark question before the 6 marker
what did people put for the very last page
what did people put for how to find out the mean number of mitochondria in that leaf thing or something like that
Reply 236
Original post by Suits101
Damn that looks right!

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮 really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮 really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It looks like a lot of work for 2 marks but it makes sense!
Original post by Kwaks
They said different cells not similar cells so I put organ. I may be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

i rwote tissue and replaced it with organ because it mentioned that they carried out different functions or something.

What were the two hypotheses? My brain was mush at that point, i was day dreaming about dinner... lol
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
i rwote tissue and replaced it with organ because it mentioned that they carried out different functions or something.

What were the two hypotheses? My brain was mush at that point, i was day dreaming about dinner... lol

i Worte ther is no significant difference between the number of chickens with resistance bacteria and the number of what ever the other animal was

and there is no significant difference between the number of chicken farmers with resistanct bacteria and the number of chicken farmers

Quick Reply

Latest