The Student Room Group

English AQA Exam Foundation

Hey everyone, my first post on here :biggrin:
Just wondering how everyone felt like they did for the foundation AQA English exam. Sources where on poor education from a guardian article, a girl who was never attending school again and sponsoring a girl.

I know that i got one part of it wrong for the language features. I Said it was direct address instead of imperative :/ I knew what it was but couldnt remember the actual feature name lol!

The last question threw me abit too.. I checked over it when i got to the writing in the memory book question, and my mind went blank! When i got to it I wrote along the lines of more education on life skills, including how now its law for the working pensions, students need to know what a pension is and how it can benefit them. I also listed support for special educational needs and gave a personal anecdote , i listed about providing more subjects on what you want to do when older, and the grades that you need, as many just follow friends and are unsure what to do, therefore have no incentive on how well to do with grades, I also listed using better technology in classrooms for people as we all learn differently, and someone who is unable to write may prefer typing lessons on a laptop.
I Keep on thinking back and fell like i have completley miss understood the question :/ its done now though.

Was wondering what anyone else put? :smile:
I just talked bout the need for additional subjects in the school/ college n also talked bout maybe the possibility of having a phone in school like easier to make notes n research topics quicker etc but idk if I got a c, I guess see what happens really but if I get a d then I get a d
Reply 2
Original post by Joshslater1998
I just talked bout the need for additional subjects in the school/ college n also talked bout maybe the possibility of having a phone in school like easier to make notes n research topics quicker etc but idk if I got a c, I guess see what happens really but if I get a d then I get a d

i really like your idea of having a phone, i kinda went with the same topic with having more technology to cater for everyones learning styles :biggrin: im worried though because in the comparing sources one, i listed all the presentation devices in source 1 and all of them in souce 3, instead of writing like " in source 1 they used this, wheras in source 3 they used this"
Reply 3
I talked about the promblems of to many students and the lack of staff in classrooms. Also spoke about how all schools should have a anti bullying policy and added some daforest . The question i had thought i done badly was on question 5 and 4 . I just made up some random story and described it using similes. For question 5 i talk about source 2 and 3, and described how source 3 is more colourful and etc . For question 5 do you need to do pargraphs ? As i didn't
Reply 4
Original post by waleed29
I talked about the promblems of to many students and the lack of staff in classrooms. Also spoke about how all schools should have a anti bullying policy and added some daforest . The question i had thought i done badly was on question 5 and 4 . I just made up some random story and described it using similes. For question 5 i talk about source 2 and 3, and described how source 3 is more colourful and etc . For question 5 do you need to do pargraphs ? As i didn't

Sounds like you did great ! i didnt think about simple things eg anti bullying, i went way more complicated, so i hope they dont think i didnt udnerstand the question lol. Yeah i remember sitting there and thinking, for the compare one, do we write all about one source then all the other, or do we chop and change to each feature. I ended up writing about the features of one and then the other. So i think ill go down marks for that too.

I think i wrote all my questions in paragraph format lol.. may not have needed to :P
Reply 5
Can someone tell me if question five was a positive or negative memory or is it just like any memory? 😳
Reply 6
can someone please tell me if it was any memory for question 5 or was it a positive and or negative memory?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I think it mentioned a positive happy memory , because I started off writing about a trewern trip but found myself describing quite negatively so changed what the outcome was xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Can someone please tell me if question 5 was about a positive or negative memory or was it just any memory?
Well idk if I did it right but I talked about:
Lack of space of classrooms
Not enough resources such as books
Not enough teachers
No Heathly facilties such as water from source 1
Someone one let me know if this is alright please
Reply 10
How did you do with the exam? I got a b overall :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending