The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyfleck
Is anyone doing the geography unit 2 paper on Wednesday?

I am
Reply 561
Original post by chemnerd4life
I am

How you feeling about Geography? Im so unmotivated as English and r.e have drained me! Plus its my birthday tomorrow so what a way to spend your birthday! Woo :-(
Original post by ckeys
How you feeling about Geography? Im so unmotivated as English and r.e have drained me! Plus its my birthday tomorrow so what a way to spend your birthday! Woo :-(

I am so drained and unmotivated as well. I spent my birthday (April 18th) lying on my couch vomiting. I couldn't have birthday cake for like a wee later🤕🤒
Reply 563
I am so drained and unmotivated as well. I spent my birthday (April 18th) lying on my couch vomiting. I couldn't have birthday cake for like a wee later🤕🤒

Omg birthday goals... :-( im PRAYING ccea pick nice case studies and not hard/weird ones like that waste management one ... Ugh the effort of revision is just TOO much rn...
Original post by ckeys
Omg birthday goals... :-( im PRAYING ccea pick nice case studies and not hard/weird ones like that waste management one ... Ugh the effort of revision is just TOO much rn...

All my friends are off tomorrow and Thursday so they can go home to bed, I'm so tired I can even concentrate on revision. They picked pretty good case studies for unit 1 so hopefully they will be as nice this time
Had 3 minutes for the sex 10 marker lmao..
English went pretty good. The functional writing topic was lovely, very nice to write about. Analysing non-fiction was alright, but I felt like I just spent the entire time talking about how it was humourous :P I also barely got anything written on sentence structure, since our invigilator started 5 minutes early and I forgot about that and thought I still had 5 minutes left :| I wrote about 2 1/4 pages for Section A and around 3 pages for Section B. My writing gets pretty small, especially when I'm rushing. I didn't think I wrote enough for my Paper 1 in January and I still did alright in it.

RE was alright. I didn't really like the marriage and divorce questions and the religious diversity questions on Section B were a little weird. I'm confident though (please god).

Original post by jackcoys
That R.E paper went okay - but they kept asking to agree/disagree for 10 markers and it was hard to implement bible verses when it's asking for your opinion.

I thought that too. I found it hard to implement in Bible verses and only got a few in there.

It could've gone much worse, so I'm glad. I actually managed to answer all the questions. In all my internal exams in the past I've never been able to finish the paper. So that was nice. (I think the adrenaline helped)
(also no more RE ever again oh thank jesus)
(edited 7 years ago)
Re was about 60% of the 2011 paper lmao
Original post by Okdmd46
Re was about 60% of the 2011 paper lmao

Exactly lol. Sadly only knew this after the exam but seriously I know like most of the marks in the paper.
How's everyone finding geography revision? I am absolutely deceased after those two exams and I'm contemplating just going to sleep and revising in the morning..
Anyone out there doing German? Are yous just looking at random words on vocab list and hoping lol?
Original post by Philipstothers
Exactly lol. Sadly only knew this after the exam but seriously I know like most of the marks in the paper.

I was buzzing about the religous diversity question i learnt the mark scheme answers for it and the care for environment questions were similar but i got the animal rights issues wrong lol thought it was badly worded but sure its only 2 marks!
Anyone else ****ed for friday? Business studies i dont have motivation for
Is anyone doing Irish listening on the 13th and reading on the 21st?
Im the exact same! English i wrote 3 and a bit for each, and my unit one was atrocious, so idek anymore im sitting on all A* coursework but apart from that i dont know how it will balance out. I got religion done with 10 mins to spare so im a bit concerned and it was the same in my school, nobody knew Thomas Aquinas, i did get it though thankfully. and i didnt sleep a wink last night.
Original post by Okdmd46
I was buzzing about the religous diversity question i learnt the mark scheme answers for it and the care for environment questions were similar but i got the animal rights issues wrong lol thought it was badly worded but sure its only 2 marks!

I got the animal rights question wrong too. I didn't understand what they were asking for until I checked a past mark scheme
I got the animal rights question wrong too. I didn't understand what they were asking for until I checked a past mark scheme

Yes me too lmao, i wrote about no soul and cant think morally
Original post by Okdmd46
Yes me too lmao, i wrote about no soul and cant think morally

I wrote about what rights animals have like they have the right to have access to clean water 😂😂 lol, wish I looked at the marks home before hand
I wrote about what rights animals have like they have the right to have access to clean water 😂😂 lol, wish I looked at the marks home before hand

Lmaoo classic!
Original post by Okdmd46
Lmaoo classic!

Feel stupid now 😂

Quick Reply

Latest