The Student Room Group

English language AQA thoughts?

All I can say is I really want one of those cliffside slides... on a general note I thought it was fine, wbu?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fairly good, Q4 i found a little difficult to find techniques to discuss but i managed to just about find enough. I quite liked the writing also, the topics had a large range to talk about so i'm hoping that it all went well
Original post by Wordnerd2
All I can say is I really want one of those cliffside slides... on a general note I thought it was fine, wbu?

Me too. :smile: What did you say for question 6?
Reply 3
What did you write about the subheading. I wrote about how the sibilance gives, it a sense of spite emphasising the anger the council. for the picture, I mention the contrast between the dead rock and alive grass and how it emphasises the danger. Do you these are valid interpretations?

However, for question five, I forget to finish it will yours faithfully :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Ara8311a
Me too. :smile: What did you say for question 6?

I argued that you should go abroad talked about how by the time you've paid for your kids to play in ball pits and indoor play areas because the weather is rubbish you may as well have gone abroad. I talked about the weather, a different culture, how there are alternatives to flying if that's what floats your boat (pun intended) I tried to use as many language devices and tried humour and to relate to the examiner. What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by Mr_Elmo
Fairly good, Q4 i found a little difficult to find techniques to discuss but i managed to just about find enough. I quite liked the writing also, the topics had a large range to talk about so i'm hoping that it all went well

Although at first I didn't like question 5 I started writing about a marathon that I haven't done and I think it went well and I quite enjoyed question 6
Reply 6
Original post by BULL14
What did you write about the subheading. I wrote about how the sibilance gives, it a sense of spite emphasising the anger the council. for the picture, I mention the contrast between the dead rock and alive grass and how it emphasises the danger. Do you these are valid interpretations?

OMG I forgot to finish it like that too, will we lose marks?
I argued that you should go abroad talked about how by the time you've paid for your kids to play in ball pits and indoor play areas because the weather is rubbish you may as well have gone abroad. I talked about the weather, a different culture, how there are alternatives to flying if that's what floats your boat (pun intended) I tried to use as many language devices and tried humour and to relate to the examiner. What about you?

I said that the weather is better there, it's better for your health and you also get bragging rights on your return. I also made up some facts about how you were 69% more likely to get a pay rise after a holiday abroad. I also spoke about terrorism and how, as a result, holidays are cheaper.
I tried to use humour and all that nonsense but I was chatting to my friends and no one else mentioned terrorism. I thought it was a natural link because the statement said something about the 'uncertainty of going abroad'?
Original post by BULL14

I went for yours sincerely because i couldn't remember which one it was. I don't think it matters that much. I read through an example answer that got high marks and they didn't even do a letter format; it was basically just an article and it got one off full marks. So don't worry about it! :smile:
Reply 9
I said that the weather is better there, it's better for your health and you also get bragging rights on your return. I also made up some facts about how you were 69% more likely to get a pay rise after a holiday abroad. I also spoke about terrorism and how, as a result, holidays are cheaper.
I tried to use humour and all that nonsense but I was chatting to my friends and no one else mentioned terrorism. I thought it was a natural link because the statement said something about the 'uncertainty of going abroad'?

Yes, I talked about how terrorism has caused some people to doubt whether to go abroad because it said uncertainty. I said how it could happen here or anywhere else in the world so you may as well just enjoy yourself and go abroad.
Reply 10
I went for yours sincerely because i couldn't remember which one it was. I don't think it matters that much. I read through an example answer that got high marks and they didn't even do a letter format; it was basically just an article and it got one off full marks. So don't worry about it! :smile:

Thank you so much!
Yes, I talked about how terrorism has caused some people to doubt whether to go abroad because it said uncertainty. I said how it could happen here or anywhere else in the world so you may as well just enjoy yourself and go abroad.

Yay! I'm so glad, it wasn't just me who mentioned that!!! Here's to hoping for that A*! :smile:
I did q6 and q5 first.Easily breezed through that.I talked about how i overcame my school problems in year 10(academic wise) it was partially true lol
q6 i used satire

I did q1 with ease cuz it was highly geography(i do that too)
q2 was my hardest lol..But only cuz of timing.Of course,i mentioned "Grylls,Grilled"
q3 was decent lol,finished it just about
q4 was good ,it was my weakest but for the time limit i had (15 min) i found it ok

TLDR: My Section B should defo boost my grades :smile:.Hopefully looking for an A*
Reply 13
How many marks do you think there will be for an A*?
Reply 14
Original post by BULL14
How many marks do you think there will be for an A*?

Probably something in the range 57-60ish?
Reply 15
My English Teacher gave us what she thought was ridiculously high boundaries just to make sure none of us would be disappointed and she said 61 for the A* although last year the actual one was 57, so I guess in the region of 55-59

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
My English Teacher gave us what she thought was ridiculously high boundaries just to make sure none of us would be disappointed and she said 61 for the A* although last year the actual one was 57, so I guess in the region of 55-59

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it so low?
I'm usually an a or a* student, but I messed up questions 5 and 6. I forgot to put the structure for a letter and just wrote, and didn't sign question 6. Apart from that, I thought I wrote well on the whole. Will I lose lots of marks for this or just a few? Thanks
Yay! I'm so glad, it wasn't just me who mentioned that!!! Here's to hoping for that A*! :smile:

So did I, maybe it wasn't too original then for me? damn xD but we've all explained it in different ways, I talked about Donald Trump and David Cameron xD
I messed up the timings so much and so I had like 40 mins (or less) for the whole of Section B so I just kinda panicked and wrote such rubbish bs :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending