The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
i rwote tissue and replaced it with organ because it mentioned that they carried out different functions or something.

What were the two hypotheses? My brain was mush at that point, i was day dreaming about dinner... lol

Lol I just said if giving them food with antibiotics increases the amount of resistant bacteria. And if having more resistant bacteria in the animals means the farmer has more resistant bacteria. I may be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kira Yagami
What did you guys put for the sewage one???

Sewage contains food? Nutrients? There is no variety of food so only some species can survive and reproduce?

Species that are adapted survive and reproduce whereas other species die?

I don't know.... something like that.

Ye I said something along the lines of.... Sewage may cause changes to the water like its pH which is an example of abiotic factors. Changes to abiotic factors mean less species are adapted to living in this area ( should've mentioned habitat loss and something like niches for some species no longer in place as a niche has all the biotic and abiotic factors that a species requires for it to survive, reproduce and maintain a viable population.). With less species living there, less varied food sources and so only a few species would be adapted to live in this water. They would dominate the area.

Probs not even close.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kwaks
Nooooooo I drew two separate ones like this: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465315552.976349.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this!!! I think we are right, it wouldn't have made sense any other way
Original post by member911680
what did people put for the 4 mark question before the 6 marker
what did people put for the very last page
what did people put for how to find out the mean number of mitochondria in that leaf thing or something like that

what was the 4 marker before the 6 marker
what was on the very last page
To get the number of chloroplasts on the leaf i said measure the area of the sample and count the chloroplasts, measure the total area of the leaf and then divide the total area by the measured area; multiply this number by the measured number of chloroplasts on the sample area to get an approximation of whatever they asked for.. ehr number of chloroplasts on the leaf
Original post by Kwaks
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮 really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

your being sold dreams, DREAM SOLD
Leaf is an organ. The CGP book says it too.

And I'm sure you only had to put 2 circles for the classification one. There was such little space too.
Reply 246
Original post by lahigueraxxx
I did this!!! I think we are right, it wouldn't have made sense any other way

Yeah, I thought that at the time but everyone is drawing 2 circles 😩😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Lol I just said if giving them food with antibiotics increases the amount of resistant bacteria. And if having more resistant bacteria in the animals means the farmer has more resistant bacteria. I may be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

duuuude, i lost hope w/ that question.
I wrote something like... How many bacteria were resistant (da***) and whether other species were affected by it.
Holy **** man i shouldve left that question and that temporary mount question out, now the examiner probably thinks im an idiot lol HES GONNA HALF ASS MARK MY PAPER NOW FUUUUUUU
Reply 248
I read the classification one as draw circle only for the tiger. I hate myself.
Reply 249
Original post by Sniperdon227
your being sold dreams, DREAM SOLD

😔😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suits101
Once again I might not be right but I said the sewage brings more members of the same species and the number of different species remains the same

I tried to relate it to the equation and since every part was about the equation it seemed quite logical

By equation I am guessing you are talking about the species diversity equation. The only time I thought about the equation was when they asked us to list the two measurements needed to be taken for the equation to work which I just put 'The total number of all organisms of all species in the area.' and 'The number of organisms of each species in an area.':s-smilie:
what was the 4 marker before the 6 marker
what was on the very last page
To get the number of chloroplasts on the leaf i said measure the area of the sample and count the chloroplasts, measure the total area of the leaf and then divide the total area by the measured area; multiply this number by the measured number of chloroplasts on the sample area to get an approximation of whatever they asked for.. ehr number of chloroplasts on the leaf

the 4 marker was something along the line of does the scientist conclusion support the data about vigourus excersice after eating

last page only remember last question about how animals were given large amounts of antibiotics for growth why did this stop? something along those lines
Reply 252
So many stupid questions aqa what u playing @
Reply 253
Original post by member911680
the 4 marker was something along the line of does the scientist conclusion support the data about vigourus excersice after eating

last page only remember last question about how animals were given large amounts of antibiotics for growth why did this stop? something along those lines

For the last one I spoke about increasing the chance of bacteria developing resistance. Then it can be passed on vertically or horizontally. And may be spread to humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally did the same thing and it makes sense to draw 4 circles because they all shared the same family but they had different genus and species! so I don't see how drawing 2 circles would be right???
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Ye I said something along the lines of.... Sewage changes may cause changes to the water like its pH which is an example of abiotic factors. Changes to abiotic factors mean less species are adapted to living in this area ( should've mentioned habitat loss and something like niches for some species no longer in place as a niche has all the biotic and abiotic factors that a species requires for it to survive, reproduce and maintain a viable population.). With less species living there, less varied food sources and so only a few species would be adapted to live in this water. They would dominate the area.

Probs not even close.

i put smth like,,
dumping shieeet in the river changes living conditions so organisms which could otherwise survive in the river were not able to as theres plenty of shiiiet in the sewage i.e. waste which could be harmful to certain organisms; some of these migrated elsewhere or died due to the conditions. tldr; only specific organisms could thrive eating sewage shiiiiet so thats why the index of diversity was lower.
Reply 256
duuuude, i lost hope w/ that question.
I wrote something like... How many bacteria were resistant (da***) and whether other species were affected by it.
Holy **** man i shouldve left that question and that temporary mount question out, now the examiner probably thinks im an idiot lol HES GONNA HALF ASS MARK MY PAPER NOW FUUUUUUU

It's not only you. I wrote rubbish for the temporary mount thing. I crossed out so many things and used extra paper for rewriting questions 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we are right :frown: It makes more sense because the two organisms had a different genus and species, therefore just doing two circles wouldn't have been accurate surely ????
i put smth like,,
dumping shieeet in the river changes living conditions so organisms which could otherwise survive in the river were not able to as theres plenty of shiiiet in the sewage i.e. waste which could be harmful to certain organisms; some of these migrated elsewhere or died due to the conditions. tldr; only specific organisms could thrive eating sewage shiiiiet so thats why the index of diversity was lower.

i wrote reduces variety of food sources and nieces and species diversity as it pollutes the water more interspecific competition

didn't really know what to write
Original post by dassiwolf
I literally did the same thing and it makes sense to draw 4 circles because they all shared the same family but they had different genus and species! so I don't see how drawing 2 circles would be right???

Page 215 1aii exam style questions infers you'd draw 4 circles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending