The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CourtlyCanter
By equation I am guessing you are talking about the species diversity equation. The only time I thought about the equation was when they asked us to list the two measurements needed to be taken for the equation to work which I just put 'The total number of all organisms of all species in the area.' and 'The number of organisms of each species in an area.':s-smilie:

I can't find my post before but I related it to the equation by saying:

The sewage brings more members of the same species (hence they're in high density) and the total number of different species is the same (this makes d, the species diversity, smaller when you use the equation) but I wasn't completely sure.

Original post by Kwaks
For the last one I spoke about increasing the chance of bacteria developing resistance. Then it can be passed on vertically or horizontally. And may be spread to humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put the last bit.

Antibiotic resistance could spread to humans by horizontal gene transmission via conjugation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 261
Original post by dassiwolf
I literally did the same thing and it makes sense to draw 4 circles because they all shared the same family but they had different genus and species! so I don't see how drawing 2 circles would be right???

Exactly what I was thinking. Because they were in the same family but genus and species were different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
Original post by lahigueraxxx
I hope we are right :frown: It makes more sense because the two organisms had a different genus and species, therefore just doing two circles wouldn't have been accurate surely ????

Yeah I hope so too. If it's the two circles Aqa are screwing us over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Exactly what I was thinking. Because they were in the same family but genus and species were different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah so yeah its cool...not so sure about the rest of the paper though...:/
Reply 264
ah so yeah its cool...not so sure about the rest of the paper though...:/

I don't even remember when it started going wrong. It was the question about dog breeds 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sniperdon227
Page 215 1aii exam style questions infers you'd draw 4 circles

woooo!! Thank you kind human :smile:
Reply 266
I literally did the same thing and it makes sense to draw 4 circles because they all shared the same family but they had different genus and species! so I don't see how drawing 2 circles would be right???

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's 4 circles aswell! Two circles just doesn't make sense!
Reply 267
Original post by Suits101
I can't find my post before but I related it to the equation by saying:

The sewage brings more members of the same species (hence they're in high density) and the total number of different species is the same (this makes d, the species diversity, smaller when you use the equation) but I wasn't completely sure.

I put the last bit.

Antibiotic resistance could spread to humans by horizontal gene transmission via conjugation.

Sounds good. I didn't put the conjugation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
please stop paying aqa

Plot twist, people paying for resits is the main reason why they make the exams so dreadful.
Original post by member911680
the 4 marker was something along the line of does the scientist conclusion support the data about vigourus excersice after eating

last page only remember last question about how animals were given large amounts of antibiotics for growth why did this stop? something along those lines

Ohhhh i remember that now.. ish, i didn't like those idk, at the time. Maybe if i did them now i'd be okay with it (im not hungry anymore so automatically iq gone up)

I think i wrote something like;
I agree with the sports ppl because blood flow increased for atleast 15 mins after consumption, however no data indicating rate at which blood flow decreased etc. only data done on one artery, blood flow to other areas not measured so hard to draw overall conclusion.

This was literally the last question i went over before time went up... sigh, i didn't really know what else to put there.

The antibiotic one, smth like it promoted bacteria to develop antibiotic resistance as they were more exposed to the antibiotic so mutation or natural selection would favour the immune strain of bacteria; could be passed on to other species of bacteria by horizontal gene transmission; could eventually affect humans too. So antibiotic uneffective when needed, more expensive treatments used instead.

What about that one asking why the scientists had to be extra careful when taking e.coli samples?
Reply 270
aLSO how can the answer to the DNA arb units one be "Some cells were undergoing DNA replication whilst other cells had finished/not started it" when it said the cells were undergoing mitosis during that time??and replication doesnt occur in mitosis only interphase?
Original post by Kwaks
I'm sure you'll be fine. You seem to have got a lot of other things corrects

Posted from TSR Mobile

One can hope :colondollar:
Reply 272
Page 215 1aii exam style questions infers you'd draw 4 circles

Thank you kind sir?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Circle question? Normally one genus circle and one circle for species etc. I did this but then labelled each circle drawn with tigers genus and leopards genus and wrote down what they were and same for species? Is that completely wrong or will I get 1/2 marks
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Plot twist, people paying for resits is the main reason why they make the exams so dreadful.

Is your avatar a clouded leopard? :unimpressed::p:p
Original post by Suits101
Damn that looks right!

Yeah thats right dude
Was it 1722 bases for Haemoglobin
Original post by Jamie_Wills
Circle question? Normally one genus circle and one circle for species etc. I did this but then labelled each circle drawn with tigers genus and leopards genus and wrote down what they were and same for species? Is that completely wrong or will I get 1/2 marks

I did the same but I thinks its 0/2 because the number of circles are wrong and you cant have two labels assigned to one circle
for tick the boxes i ticked the first 2 on first row and middle on on second row
Original post by idk97
I read the classification one as draw circle only for the tiger. I hate myself.

Same here man, don't worry I hate myself too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending