The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Namita Gurung
What did you guys write about why above 40% shouldn't be used?

I said that if they used something above 40%, there's a chance that the clear zone will be so big that it may merge with the other zones, making the overall results unclear.
Original post by jamiechristie
kill meeeeee

that was a complete guess tho aha
Original post by neyscar
I said that if they used something above 40%, there's a chance that the clear zone will be so big that it may merge with the other zones, making the overall results unclear.

Yes thank you! That's what I wrote as well :yep:
That's more detail than what I wrote. I panicked on it since I don't remember seeing it in the textbook or the specification.

That's what I wrote as well. How many marks was it? It was only 1 right?

Yeh was a tricky question, was 2 worth marks though
Original post by KingAuthor
For the ratio I did 25/5 and got 5:1
for the clear zone I calculated area of circle divide by each and got like 2.5x bigger

Yep I got 2.5x bigger also
Original post by Harryg123456
Yeh was a tricky question, was 2 worth marks though

Hmm hopefully got one mark coz I talked about the reaction being quicker.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
soo true although i liked the starch and cellulose at the end but then translocation hit me and i was like why

same! guaranteed 5 marks ahah
anyone not do this paper but still do the new spec as that was today??
Reply 728
Can't believe we had a replacement paper after the van distributing the papers was hijacked 😂
Original post by Lit34
Can't believe we had a replacement paper after the van distributing the papers was hijacked 😂

We had a replacement paper?

What for AS Bio today?
Predictions on grade boundaries?
Reply 731
We had a replacement paper?

What for AS Bio today?

Yeah, did your invigilators not tell you? That's why the code on the paper had an 'R' on, they had to redo the paper for security reasons.
Original post by Lit34
Yeah, did your invigilators not tell you? That's why the code on the paper had an 'R' on, they had to redo the paper for security reasons.

Oh wow nope they didn't tell us but yeah there was an 'R' on the front.
Oh wow nope they didn't tell us but yeah there was an 'R' on the front.

it was because a college were given paper 2 instead of paper 1 so they knew everything on paper 2 thats why we were given a replacement c
Original post by Junior567
it was because a college were given paper 2 instead of paper 1 so they knew everything on paper 2 thats why we were given a replacement c

Ahhh :holmes:
what did people get for the maths questions
for the ratio one i got 1:3.6
and the area one i got 4x bigger
Original post by raasclart
first bad ting i seen on da paper was that ugly experimental qooestion about HIV. Me never read such a durty qooestion in mah life. the qooestion was pure aids.

srsly doe mi bredrin, i got 15:4 for da ratiooo

also how do u answer the no on functional protein receptor bumbaraas qooestion??!

I got very annoyed half wey tru so mi rolled a doobie on da table so me cud get higher dan mi grades

made my day
Reply 737
I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision. :u:

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
Think I got that one wrong :redface:

so first endopep makes the long polypep chain into shorter chains and exposes more amino acids at the ends on the chains- therefore, more enzyme substrate complexes..I dont know how to explain it properly but if you think about it, a polypep as two 'ends' -if i cut it into two chains, i now have 4 'ends'
Reply 738
Original post by neyscar
What did you put for why increase in phosphate meant the embryo was growing? I had no idea, I think I wrote something about the presence of phosphates in DNA and cell membrane structure but I'm not sure if that was the sort of stuff you were meant to talk about.

yeah i wrote about DNA aswell
i also wrote about how it is a comp of ATP....respiration.. growth etc
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
i described the types of mutation so deletion and substitution and told about how they work

Oh... so writing about how muatation causes frame shift....change in amino acid seq....change in tert structure...change in hydrogen and ionic bonding is wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending