The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Right I've got the chemistry unit 2 resit on Friday to revise for. Good luck for the rest of your exams everyone, we can only hope that the grade boundaries for this exam will be low but either way what's done is done x
Reply 281
Someone just tell me the answers to the dog breed questions. Please 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dani0107
Was it 1722 bases for Haemoglobin

1722% not the correct answer
Original post by idk97
aLSO how can the answer to the DNA arb units one be "Some cells were undergoing DNA replication whilst other cells had finished/not started it" when it said the cells were undergoing mitosis during that time??and replication doesnt occur in mitosis only interphase?

Exactly what i was thinking. What is this trickery AQA?
Reply 284
Was it 1722 bases for Haemoglobin

It was only for one polypeptide in haemoglobin not the whole things. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

tell me the question and i will tell you the answer, padawan
Reply 286
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Right I've got the chemistry unit 2 resit on Friday to revise for. Good luck for the rest of your exams everyone, we can only hope that the grade boundaries for this exam will be low but either way what's done is done x

You doing ocr salters b?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, still think i got above 50, you think thats enough for an A,
Reply 288
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
tell me the question and i will tell you the answer, padawan

Was something about the mini terriers being bred from bull terriers. And using data to explain the genetic diversity.

There was also using the data in the table to describe the genetic diversity data shown in the table. 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did people write for how can scientists increase reliability of the results

the two hypothesis

how is the plant thing that they gave us formed
Reply 290
Damn, still think i got above 50, you think thats enough for an A,

I hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Original post by member911680
what did people write for how can scientists increase reliability of the results

the two hypothesis

how is the plant thing that they gave us formed

For reliability thing I said use a larger sample size and use a different river and see if the results are the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke about the SD of two breeds of dog overlapped, so the mean genetic difference or whatever was not significant
I then identified the breed of dog having the highest and lowest mean genetic difference or whatever
Original post by Suits101
Good!

I drew two circles.
First circle I wrote:

Genus; Tiger - whatever it was, Clouded leopard - whatever it was
Then I did the same for the second circle but with species :smile:

Let's hope that's okay. I don't recall seeing a question like this in pass papers, then again I didn't do all of them. :cookie:
Original post by Kwaks
You doing ocr salters b?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah AQA :frown:
Reply 295
I spoke about the SD of two breeds of dog overlapped, so the mean genetic difference or whatever was not significant
I then identified the breed of dog having the highest and lowest mean genetic difference or whatever

Damn you're meant to do two standard deviations? I did one 😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Damn you're meant to do two standard deviations? I did one 😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?
Reply 297
What do you mean?

Because if it did only one SD plus or minus none of them overlapped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
My teacher always says it's better to 'kitchen sink it' (put as much as possible)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, just hoping I haven't put anything wrong down as that would be counter-productive. And I wonder what kind of kitchen sinks you guys have at school haha :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kwaks
Was something about the mini terriers being bred from bull terriers. And using data to explain the genetic diversity.

There was also using the data in the table to describe the genetic diversity data shown in the table. 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

alright bro prepare yourself, i wrote:
Both could've been exposed to different environmental factors therefore causing a mutation or natural selection (favouring an allele with better survivability) in those conditions; allele frequency increases through reproduction and becomes dominant.

something like that, and

Standard deviations of dog 4 and2 overlapped (can't remember names, ithink it was those) therefore showing the difference may not be signficiant and due to chance. The doggy with the greatest genetic diversity was the one with the highest value, had the smallest SD therefore most consistent data too. The doggy with lowest value had the lowest genetic diversity.

i'm just being hopeful, please let me know if you got something else so i can go cry about it over my mcdonalds milkshake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending