The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by sixschmidt
Here's a plan I made using a format posted in the previous year's thread. I've added my own notes to it. It's similar to the question you're asking and outlines all the social/political tensions that existed throughout the war.

Original post by eddso
Hi

For that question you literally follow a simple structure - the question is quite generous in actually giving you a recommended structure to follow;

1) political impact
2) social impact
3) economic impact

I don't really know this topic very well because I'm not revising the second Reich so can't give you much help on content

For culture though just talk about the cultural developments and the political tensions that it caused

Thanks 😊
Original post by jodie1012
Constitution itself

Could you please explain how so?
Thank you
Original post by Annie.humair
Could you please explain how so?
Thank you

so for threats to the weimar republic from the constitution:

Article 48 let the president rule by decree, which demonstrated a threatto the republic as it provided the president with a lot of power over Germany. . This was a significant threat as it limited the democratic side of therepublic as anyone who could persuade the president could essentially takecontrol of the republic.

Another weakness of the constitution itself wasthe voting system it used to elect members of the Reichstag. Proportional representation meantthat it was increasingly difficult for a single party to gain a majority in theReichstag. i.e. for 1 seat they needed 60,000 votes

, article 54 of theWeimar constitution, allowed the judiciary to maintain their independence. Thisprivilege was often misused to undermine the Republic. It was the judiciary’smisinterpretation of the constitution that posed a threat to the republic, asjudges were more lenient towards those who tried to destroy the new democracy,i.e. right wing violence. for example with hitler and the munich putsch
so for threats to the weimar republic from the constitution:

Article 48 let the president rule by decree, which demonstrated a threatto the republic as it provided the president with a lot of power over Germany. . This was a significant threat as it limited the democratic side of therepublic as anyone who could persuade the president could essentially takecontrol of the republic.

Another weakness of the constitution itself wasthe voting system it used to elect members of the Reichstag. Proportional representation meantthat it was increasingly difficult for a single party to gain a majority in theReichstag. i.e. for 1 seat they needed 60,000 votes

, article 54 of theWeimar constitution, allowed the judiciary to maintain their independence. Thisprivilege was often misused to undermine the Republic. It was the judiciary’smisinterpretation of the constitution that posed a threat to the republic, asjudges were more lenient towards those who tried to destroy the new democracy,i.e. right wing violence. for example with hitler and the munich putsch

This is great thank you!!
You're far more helpful than my history teacher
This is great thank you!!
You're far more helpful than my history teacher

Haha honestly don't worry about it!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask me x
So, the points to talk about in a threats to the Weimar Republic- esque question would be :

-Threat from the right
-Threat from the left
-Legacy of WW1
-Constitution
-Persistence of the old regime

? :smile:
Original post by Kattkin
So, the points to talk about in a threats to the Weimar Republic- esque question would be :

-Threat from the right
-Threat from the left
-Legacy of WW1
-Constitution
-Persistence of the old regime

? :smile:

All depends on what the given factor is (if its a factor question) as theres so much to write about! My factors personally are

-threats from right
-threats from left
-treaty of versailles ( which i guess you could argue is legacy from ww1)
- constitution

But really you can do any points as long as you can back it up and link it directly to the question!!
Hi,
Does anyone have any examples and facts for 'how efficient was the nazi regime'? Im in most need for 'not efficient' examples too! this is for the Part B controversy, thank youuu - i hate this section!
(edited 7 years ago)
What different types of questions could be asked about the opposition during ww2?
All depends on what the given factor is (if its a factor question) as theres so much to write about! My factors personally are

-threats from right
-threats from left
-treaty of versailles ( which i guess you could argue is legacy from ww1)
- constitution

But really you can do any points as long as you can back it up and link it directly to the question!!

Ahh okay marvellous thanks! Damn there's so much to talk about :O
Original post by Kattkin
Ahh okay marvellous thanks! Damn there's so much to talk about :O

I know its ridiculous!! I've tried to just remember the key points and the ones that link together as luckily these factors have really easy links to each other so i really like this type of question haha
I know its ridiculous!! I've tried to just remember the key points and the ones that link together as luckily these factors have really easy links to each other so i really like this type of question haha

Fingers crossed a nice straight forward question comes up......
Original post by Kattkin

bloody hope so or i'll start crying on my exam paper
Reply 293
What different types of questions could be asked about the opposition during ww2?

I think the main question will be how serious opposition was

They may ask you to assess which was the most serious opposition ie "to what extent do you agree that the church provided the most serious opposition to the Nazi regime from 1939-1945?"
Original post by Kattkin

What are the chances of two topics being put together?
For example the second reich and the Weimar Republic
Or
The Weimar Republic and the nazis
What are the chances of two topics being put together?
For example the second reich and the Weimar Republic
Or
The Weimar Republic and the nazis

That'd be a first so I doubt it! As it's the last exam of this cycle they will more than likely keep it the same as previous years, so have questions on Weimar & Nazi's etc as separate topics ^_^
Original post by Kattkin
That'd be a first so I doubt it! As it's the last exam of this cycle they will more than likely keep it the same as previous years, so have questions on Weimar & Nazi's etc as separate topics ^_^

Good I hope they don't ask any complicated questions
Good I hope they don't ask any complicated questions

they could mix 4/5/6 together but they've done that before so unlikely again but..
they could mix 4/5/6 together but they've done that before so unlikely again but..

Ugh hope not
Have you got a plan on how to tackle a question on opposition faced during ww2?
Reply 299
Ugh hope not
Have you got a plan on how to tackle a question on opposition faced during ww2?

Take the different groups of opposition and talk about them in order of which was the greatest threat (unless it gives you a stated factor, then start with that) and work your way down. For me I would talk about;

1) elite/military
2) church
3) left
4) youth

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest