The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Why was it 200 micrometer not like 213?
Original post by Kwaks
I don't even know anymore, I'm beginning to doubt all my answers now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regretting coming on here to try and salvage potential marks. I think I am seeing more wrong answers than right...
Original post by Helena12467
In regards to the 6 marker do you rate there will b marks for drawing the diagram of the circulatory system with arrows??

ye id think so
Reply 343
Original post by TRGreen16
Regretting coming on here to try and salvage potential marks. I think I am seeing more wrong answers than right...

I'm going now. I can't take it 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helena12467
In regards to the 6 marker do you rate there will b marks for drawing the diagram of the circulatory system with arrows??

No usually they credit diagrams but in tissue fluid it wont be accaepted due to explanantions of hydrostatic pressures etc that arent eveident from diagrams
Original post by member911680
for tick the boxes i ticked the first 2 on first row and middle on on second row

I did that too because the diploid number of the cell was four and the second one was going through mitosis as it would produce daughter cells with four chromosomes in each cell if it where to divide and the first two had homologous chromosomes but everyone is saying that for mitosis it's the last too but the last one is meiosis two phase I thought
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 346
Original post by Kakakgjasz

I think you may have measured a bit too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know the questions about the three different cell stages, there was one questions about what is happening at chromosome J, i couldn't think of what to put so so i just wrote the chromatids are crossing over? What did everyone else put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
gcse kid.. don't be an ass to other people just because you feel you did well. Otherwise why are you even on the forum?
Reply 349
Original post by gcsekid
No usually they credit diagrams but in tissue fluid it wont be accaepted due to explanantions of hydrostatic pressures etc that arent eveident from diagrams

Where would tissue fluid have appeared in that 6 mark question?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
For the last one I spoke about increasing the chance of bacteria developing resistance. Then it can be passed on vertically or horizontally. And may be spread to humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh I didn't talk about horizontal and vertical translations :/ I did however mention it would render the existing antibiotics used useless.

the 50 um on the paper was like 1.6cm, the distance from the two points was 6.4cm

6.4/1.6= 4

50*4

et voila
probably depends how you measured it so they might accept a range assuming the method is correct/wrote your working out down
Original post by constantlearning
gcse kid.. don't be an ass to other people just because you feel you did well. Otherwise why are you even on the forum?

Im not being ass
Original post by Sciencesaf
I did that too because the diploid number of the cell was four and the second one was going through mitosis as it would produce daughter cells with four chromosomes in each cell if it where to divide and the first two had homologous chromosomes but everyone is saying that for mitosis it's the last too but the last one is meiosis two phase I thought

Yeah I thought this too :smile:
Reply 354
Original post by Cake4breakfast
You know the questions about the three different cell stages, there was one questions about what is happening at chromosome J, i couldn't think of what to put so so i just wrote the chromatids are crossing over? What did everyone else put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crossing over of the chromatids in the homologous pair of chromosomes so the combination of alleles is different

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only described the tissue fluid process for renal artery and vein, i believe this is the right anawer because blood circulation in unit 2 was only about tissue fluid and the heart process is unit 1

Because the length on the leaf was 6.4 cm and the length of the bar that stated how long 50micrometers were was 1.6.
So you had to do 6.4 divided by 1.6 which was 4, the you had to times 50 micrometers by 4 which gave you 200.
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
i put smth like,,
dumping shieeet in the river changes living conditions so organisms which could otherwise survive in the river were not able to as theres plenty of shiiiet in the sewage i.e. waste which could be harmful to certain organisms; some of these migrated elsewhere or died due to the conditions. tldr; only specific organisms could thrive eating sewage shiiiiet so thats why the index of diversity was lower.

Please tell me you put 'shieeet' instead of sewage. :tongue: All jokes aside, you should be all right,
Reply 358
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Uh I didn't talk about horizontal and vertical translations :/ I did however mention it would render the existing antibiotics used useless.

Yeah I think you should get that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Where would tissue fluid have appeared in that 6 mark question?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's only 'there' if thats what you want to see :daydreaming:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending