The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse english language a* sample answers

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody could link or ''help'' me with answering the english language questions. Something like an a* structure, so i would be able to use it in my exam tomorrow. Has anybody got any sample answers they would be kind enough to share :smile: thank you!
Reply 3

Out of over 100+ views, you answered. I really appreciate that, and hope you get the grade you want! This helped me as well as the other person who also helped! thanks a lot!
Reply 4

Thank you for being ever so kind enough to help me through my exams tomorrow. This really helped and really hope you aim to achieve the grades you want! thank you!
Original post by aminvasim1
Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody could link or ''help'' me with answering the english language questions. Something like an a* structure, so i would be able to use it in my exam tomorrow. Has anybody got any sample answers they would be kind enough to share :smile: thank you!

How did you find it?
Reply 6
Original post by Ella_08
How did you find it?

i found it quite good! only bit i struggled on was to keep up with the time. That let me down, but finished all the questions. What did you write for Q.6?
Who is a expert on the mark scheme here and knows how it works like e.g. if I asked a question about how many marks would I get if I wrote 1 paragraph etc (assuming its top quality) or something like that?
i found it quite good! only bit i struggled on was to keep up with the time. That let me down, but finished all the questions. What did you write for Q.6?

Do you remember what Q6 was exactly?
Can you please tell me.

I remember the part about should stay in the UK and not do unnecessary expenses to go on holiday in different countries.
What was the actual question: "Argue .... "
Does anyone know if I will lose any marks if I didn't write question 5 in a letter format? I forgot :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! Same, timing was really hard and i had to write until the last second. Well done for finishing the questions - that guarantees a good grade (unless you wrote about cupcakes for all the questions lol). And for question 6 I agreed with the statement. I just talked about all the disadvantages about travelling abroad i.e.
grieving children in poorer countries, the expense, dangers travelling

My 'for' points were:
- for all that Britiain gives us, we should give the same back (spend money on shops n stuff)
- other positive descriptions of britain (can't remember them)
a counter argument was that staying spending your holiday in Britain at home is boring, but then I said that you don't need to actually stay indoors - you can have an adventure.
I can't remember really what I did but I used a lot of techniques like expert opinion, stats, emotive lang, simile etc so i should be alright :smile:

And you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chittesh14
Do you remember what Q6 was exactly?
Can you please tell me.

I remember the part about should stay in the UK and not do unnecessary expenses to go on holiday in different countries.
What was the actual question: "Argue .... "

don't know exactly but it said that staying in Britain for a holiday is better than the uncertainties and cost of travelling abroad
Original post by shaunarhancock
Does anyone know if I will lose any marks if I didn't write question 5 in a letter format? I forgot :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you might lose 1 or 2 marks, not a biggie
On q 4 i only did 2 quite deep analysis of language ( 4 overall, 2 comparisons) but the rest i found good haha i didnt really run out of time (well except for q4 bc i went back to it.. What do you think you got?? I have no idea but probably A or something
Original post by shaunarhancock

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you lose a lot of marks but form is very important on the mark scheme. A lot of people forgot to sign of the letter with 'yours faithfully' but I'm sure you'll be fine.:emo:
Original post by Ella_08
don't know exactly but it said that staying in Britain for a holiday is better than the uncertainties and cost of travelling abroad

Was it argue for, argue against or your choice?
Original post by Chittesh14
Was it argue for, argue against or your choice?

You could choose
Original post by Ella_08
You could choose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending