The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsekid
No usually they credit diagrams but in tissue fluid it wont be accaepted due to explanantions of hydrostatic pressures etc that arent eveident from diagrams

I'm not on about tissue fluid, but as in the Order of veins etc hepatic portal diagram I'm on about ???
Original post by Kwaks
Crossing over of the chromatids in the homologous pair of chromosomes so the combination of alleles is different

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep thats correct
What about the one marker where it asked you to use all the cell stages to say whats happening at stage 3 or something? I just said the chromosomes have been halved which is most definitely wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cake4breakfast
You know the questions about the three different cell stages, there was one questions about what is happening at chromosome J, i couldn't think of what to put so so i just wrote the chromatids are crossing over? What did everyone else put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone else at my school said that.

I can't remember it, but I thought that each chromosome from the homologous pair was being pulled to opposite ends of the cell (meiosis 1)
Original post by Helena12467
I'm not on about tissue fluid, but as in the Order of veins etc hepatic portal diagram I'm on about ???

Oh right
Then definetly diagram is credited
Reply 365
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
it's only 'there' if thats what you want to see :daydreaming:

Lol I still don't see it 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Original post by Sciencesaf
I did that too because the diploid number of the cell was four and the second one was going through mitosis as it would produce daughter cells with four chromosomes in each cell if it where to divide and the first two had homologous chromosomes but everyone is saying that for mitosis it's the last too but the last one is meiosis two phase I thought

Thank you! Sense from someone, that's what I put :-)
Ran out off time, screw AQA with their weird ass questions, cba with this ********, just a ****ing joke. Make us learn all that **** on cohesion tension, root pressure, meiosis, mitosis, courtship behaviour but no they want us to tell them about temporary mounts and what terrier their cousin should get! fml
And to all those people saying it was so easy ect. can you just leave, you're just using the misfortune of others as a confidence boost, people come here to complain not gloat.
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Please tell me you put 'shieeet' instead of sewage. :tongue: All jokes aside, you should be all right,

i think we'll both be fine :wink:
What do you think grade boundaries will be like, including the fact that we are all retakers?
I spoke about tissue fluid for the 6 marker as that was the only bit in the unit 2 specification however the heart process was in unit 1, so you had to talk about tissue fluid starting from heart to renal artery to renal vein then back to the heart as it was talking about return
"(Original post by gcsekid)
That paper was soooo easy
Whole class found it a breeze
Expected grade boundaries are gona be sky highSeems someone has had a bad day.
Should have done more revision then innit"

gscekid.. Then you don't need to be saying this like this when clearly other people are having a hard time. Think about it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kwaks
I don't even know anymore, I'm beginning to doubt all my answers now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kwaks
I don't even know anymore, I'm beginning to doubt all my answers now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the question was basically asking "Why does x terrier have a higher genetic diversity than the y terrier it was bred from?" And you had to talk about gene flow
Reply 373
Original post by Dankailen
I spoke about tissue fluid for the 6 marker as that was the only bit in the unit 2 specification however the heart process was in unit 1, so you had to talk about tissue fluid starting from heart to renal artery to renal vein then back to the heart as it was talking about return

But wasn't it talking about blood moving from the kidney not what is in the blood?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcsekid
the dog question was slightly complicated in wording but it was reallly easy. The paper was over in 45 minutes to be honest

i
hate
you
Original post by Fishhy34
What do you think grade boundaries will be like, including the fact that we are all retakers?

Aren't some students still doing the old specification? I.e this is there first time sitting this exam?
Original post by Helena12467

dude as long as you made it clear what goes where i don't see why you wouldn't get marks.

@Kwaks
your faith is weak, you will not see until you believe, young padawan :couchpotato:
Reply 377
Original post by Suits101
Aren't some students still doing the old specification? I.e this is there first time sitting this exam?

I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dankailen

I think it was looking for
1. Blood exits kidney through renal vein
2. into vena cava into heart
3. pulmonary artery (reoxygenates)
4. pulmonary vein back to heart
5. heart to aorta
6. aorta to renal artery (back to kidney)
Reply 379
a temporary mount can smd like wtf

Quick Reply