The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Missstargirl
Hey basically, you seem really clever and stuff
But I accidentally wrote it was an internationally charity instead of local. Will I get marked down because I misread the question? I'm so nervous! And I think my handwriting was terrible for the speech one. And I wasn't able to check and now I'm really really worried.

Unfortunately, it is possible to be marked down for your mistake because you weren't particularly focused on the question and so your content would be a bit off. However, since you were talking about a charity, they could slightly more lenient in not taking marks away! Hopefully you will be okay though and if you're coursework is not too bad, then that might pump it up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I accidentally wrote it was an internationally charity instead of local. Will I get marked down because I misread the question? I'm so nervous! And I think my handwriting was terrible for the speech one. And I wasn't able to check and now I'm really really worried.

My handwriting was a disgrace haha, i went to my english teacher and she said it doesnt matter what the handwriting was like, as long as youce wrote what they asked then its fine.

I also didnt write about a local charity, at least i dont think i did, i did cancer research. I remember in mocks, my english teacher said that the examiners try to give as many marks as possible, and are usually quite generous. Also according to other tsr users, i think its okay! Hopefully theyre right!!
Reply 582
Original post by ConorConor
Did everyone do the report in 1st person or 3rd person? Or a mixture?

I did it in third person but many people did it in 1st person because the question asked for 'Your suggestions and views'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!

I personally wrote about a local charity; I very nearly did international, though(until I read the question again). However, I'd imagine the examiner won't mind too much. That's only a small part of your writing! Plus, technically, they shouldn't judge you based on your knowledge; it's all about the creativity! As for the handwriting, they probably come across tonnes of messy handwriting (probably much morse than yours!), so I'm sure they'll have the ability to read it! Haha, hope that helps! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
GREAT NEWS!
NO MORE ENGLISH EVER AGAIN!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TracyEmu
GREAT NEWS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

YASSSS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous20000
My handwriting was a disgrace haha, i went to my english teacher and she said it doesnt matter what the handwriting was like, as long as youce wrote what they asked then its fine.

I also didnt write about a local charity, at least i dont think i did, i did cancer research. I remember in mocks, my english teacher said that the examiners try to give as many marks as possible, and are usually quite generous. Also according to other tsr users, i think its okay! Hopefully theyre right!!

I just talked about Cancer Research becuse there is a local charity for that in our town. To be honest I doubt they would take marks off you for mentioning a different charity since what they care about is the quality and content of writing so I wouldn't worry about it. If you mentioned a charity in Britain like Cancer Research, then you will be fine since it is a major charity in all towns and cities. They do not know where you live! That is why I used a British charity. Since like you, it can technically be seen as local for many.
GREAT NEWS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I may be cheering now, but I'm taking English Lit A-level!!🤓😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by SophFlorence
I may be cheering now, but I'm taking English Lit A-level!!🤓😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on... That's boring! What do you want to do when your older?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come on... That's boring! What do you want to do when your older?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally love it! Each to their own, I guess. I've no idea; potentially something linked with German/Business Studies. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Did everyone write in subheadings and did you write a bullet point recommendation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
I personally love it! Each to their own, I guess. I've no idea; potentially something linked with German/Business Studies. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and French next year. Want to study Medicine in Uni.
I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and French next year. Want to study Medicine in Uni.

Impressive. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey how did you find it ? Like you said Report came up good thing i went through it yesterday THANK YOU !! :biggrin:
I thought it was good.
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey how did you find it ? Like you said Report came up good thing i went through it yesterday THANK YOU !! :biggrin:
I thought it was good.

Hey! Greattttttt thank you!!!!😊🙈 Glad it was helpful, and that you thought it went well!😊🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
crap I just noticed something, I wrote about a charity event held locally (a summer event) , but it's purpose is to help people world wide (children in poorer countries). Was the aim of the charity to help people locally? Also forgot if I mentioned that the money raised was going to be used to help these people, or would it be obvious to the examiners?
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't have enough time to check and honestly I think I made so many grammatical mistakes. Could we retake this exam later (if we get a bad grade in which I honestly think I will)
Did everyone write in subheadings and did you write a bullet point recommendation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598

That's fantastic! It is good to know that I did something right :-)
That's fantastic! It is good to know that I did something right :-)

Same same 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest