The Student Room Group

Fasting? RAMADAN?

lets share tips on how not to be tired, how not to have a head ache and how to stay concentrated whilst fasting til around about 9:30pm :smile: Good luck :frown:((

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amanii_ox
lets share tips on how not to be tired, how not to have a head ache and how to stay concentrated whilst fasting til around about 9:30pm :smile: Good luck :frown:((

Unfortunately some things can't be avoided. :frown:
Having said that:

How not to be tired- Get plenty of sleep.
Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Eat a lot, lol! I have Math and English IGCSE on the same day God help me.
Reply 3
Original post by biologynerd878
Eat a lot, lol! I have Math and English IGCSE on the same day God help me.

I get sick of eating rice so quickly! But yes I will try thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kryptonian
Unfortunately some things can't be avoided. :frown:
Having said that:

How not to be tired- Get plenty of sleep.
Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.

WATER WATER WATER! THANKS for the advice :smile:
Take a nap after school? :smile:
Isn't the whole point of fasting that you get to feel what poor people feel like every day? Surely you should embrace the pain which is pretty much the whole point of fasting. Otherwise youre just doing it because your family is, theres not point in fasting if you dont do it for the reason its intended, dont take shortcuts, embrace the pain or dont fast at all.
Reply 7
Original post by smallville876
Isn't the whole point of fasting that you get to feel what poor people feel like every day? Surely you should embrace the pain which is pretty much the whole point of fasting. Otherwise youre just doing it because your family is, theres not point in fasting if you dont do it for the reason its intended, dont take shortcuts, embrace the pain or dont fast at all.

fasting is one of the pillars of Islam (meaning you have to do it if you're a muslim) and it's not necessarily about feeling like poor people or pleasing others...it's more about finding yourself and strengthing your faith :smile:
Eat watermelon in the night when you wake up before fajr, keeps you hydrated throughout the day :smile:)
Reply 9
Original post by theonlyangel
eat watermelon in the night when you wake up before fajr, keeps you hydrated throughout the day :smile:)

thanks bab! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by sapphire79
Take a nap after school? :smile:

ahahahahaha I'M TRYING TO STAY AWAKE AS LONG AS I CAN TO REVISE FOR AN EXAM FOR TOMORROW :frown: :smile: THANKS for the advice tho!
When drinking water, try not to down it all at once otherwise you leave less space in your belleh for foods - take small but frequent sips of fluids
Reply 12
Original post by Zamestaneh
When drinking water, try not to down it all at once otherwise you leave less space in your belleh for foods - take small but frequent sips of fluids

thanks for the advice!:smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKGtv84aSjo -For headaches (works for me)
ahahahahaha I'M TRYING TO STAY AWAKE AS LONG AS I CAN TO REVISE FOR AN EXAM FOR TOMORROW :frown: :smile: THANKS for the advice tho!

Dont worry Im doing the exact same thing :tongue:

I'm not a Muslim, just curious, what times are you/aren't you allowed to eat? And are you allowed to drink during the day?
Original post by caitlinford3
I'm not a Muslim, just curious, what times are you/aren't you allowed to eat? And are you allowed to drink during the day?

Eating and drinking can only be done between dusk and dawn in Ramadan.

Dawn timings: around 2:35am the fast closes (stop eating+drinking)
Dusk timings: around 9:20pm the fast opens (start eating+drinking)

NO DRINKING allowed.
Original post by sulaimanali
Eating and drinking can only be done between dusk and dawn in Ramadan.

Dawn timings: around 2:35am the fast closes (stop eating+drinking)
Dusk timings: around 9:20pm the fast opens (start eating+drinking)

NO DRINKING allowed.

Not even water?
It must be a struggle around exams I'd feel so tired
Original post by smallville876

To the best of my knowledge, fasting is not only about being grateful for food but to also improve self control and become closer to God (this can be done by improving your character, treating everyone kindly, reading the Quran and learning more about the religion. So its about improving yourself to be a better muslim and concentrating on becoming closer to God :smile:
Reply 19

I'm not fasting on the days of exams and will make up for them later on. Have lot's of protein and fibre such as chia seeds, almond butter, apples, greek yoghurt and drink smoothies :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest