This is for OCR only.

OCR Depth (OUT OF 70)
A 49 or 50
B 43
C 39
D 35
E 31.5
U 0

These are based on previous results as a percentage, and then multiplied by 70.
These are consistent with the most recent (2015, 2014) grade boundaries.

Note
Students are observing ramadan Grade boundaries should be lower.
No coursework element Grade boundaries should be lower.
New specification Grade boundaries should be lower.
Inconsistent Textbooks -
No Heinemann Textbooks were available Grade boundaries should be lower.

https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2015/08/14/a-level-awarding-in-2016-and-2017/
Please read this link.

THESE ARE ONLY ASSUMPTIONS.
Good luck,
nwmyname.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Please note, that with anyone concerned with grade boundaries, OCR have stated to teachers to use the same grade boundaries in 2015 to assess their students, so this must mean that the grade boundaries will be similar.
I think that's about right- last year it was around 70% for an A as well. My teachers have been using lower grade boundaries actually in the specimen mock- because the majority found it hard, I think it was 65-69%
Reply 3
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
I think that's about right- last year it was around 70% for an A as well. My teachers have been using lower grade boundaries actually in the specimen mock- because the majority found it hard, I think it was 65-69%

Trouble is, that Ofqual have said that the A grade is now set by senior examiners.
However, they have said that if the outcome is similar to previous years, then the grade boundaries will also be similar.

They are contradicting every time, but this year's AS does have multiple factors and reduced feedback, so I know that they will be low to accomodate those that didn't do as well.
What do you think it will be overall? Breadth and depth included
I reckon overall grade boundaries will be around 67% for an A. Unit 2 was 68% last year and unit 1 was 70%. Depth was a lot stranger than both and breadth was on the level of last years' papers. What do you think?
Reply 6
Original post by ronnydandam
I reckon overall grade boundaries will be around 67% for an A. Unit 2 was 68% last year and unit 1 was 70%. Depth was a lot stranger than both and breadth was on the level of last years' papers. What do you think?

Agree. The grade boundaries should be now, but I think they will marginally be lower than 70% so I guess 67% is a good estimate.

The only thing that concerns me is that Ofqual have asked senior examiners to determine their own boundary for A, but then later contradicted themselves by saying that if the exam was similar to previous years, the grade boundaries will be the same.

This therefore means that it will be similar to last year, which goes hand - in - hand with what you said.
You need 94 / 140 to get an A.
That's a lot of marks for 67% and OCR have done that in the past.

However, OCR are also the worst exam boards when coming to questions in past papers and are very vague on other terms, so hopefully once AS is over, I will never do it again.

Normally, an A is 80% of the UMS but UMS is now being removed, so I guess that it will be a percentage round about what you stated.
I will go into the Depths of Ofqual's biology.
Reply 8
Original post by nwmyname
This is for OCR only.

OCR Depth (OUT OF 70)
A 49 or 50
B 43
C 39
D 35
E 31.5
U 0

These are based on previous results as a percentage, and then multiplied by 70.
These are consistent with the most recent (2015, 2014) grade boundaries.

Note
Students are observing ramadan Grade boundaries should be lower.
No coursework element Grade boundaries should be lower.
New specification Grade boundaries should be lower.
Inconsistent Textbooks -
No Heinemann Textbooks were available Grade boundaries should be lower.

https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2015/08/14/a-level-awarding-in-2016-and-2017/
Please read this link.

THESE ARE ONLY ASSUMPTIONS.
Good luck,
nwmyname.

I certanly agree with you. After looking at this grade boundary predictions, I am feeling a lot better.
Reply 9
overall how much marks do you think out 140 we would need for a D, C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending