The Student Room Group

Eng Lang Exam 07/06/2016

How did it all go for you guys? :rofl:
What exam board did you guys do? :rofl:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it went okay...
I found question one a bit tricky and struggled when choosing the other source to compare source 3 to in question 4 but other than that I'm pleased!

What grade are you aiming for? How did you find it?
Hey there again! Same I had done the AQA English Language examination :biggrin:
Reply 3
tbh i loved everything. not gonna lie Q4 was kinda hard - didnt know what to compare but made up crap. I loved Q5 i wrote on the entire pages- so pleased. aiming for an A/A* wby guys
Well I did the higher examination, I did altogether about 35 paragraphs and filled 2 answer booklets in, hope I pass:
I did find it quite easy but then again I hope I don't get marked down for waffling on haha :biggrin:
Source three was about her being in a boat right?! D:
Original post by triplet10
tbh i loved everything. not gonna lie Q4 was kinda hard - didnt know what to compare but made up crap. I loved Q5 i wrote on the entire pages- so pleased. aiming for an A/A* wby guys

I would be happy with an A too but I'm really hoping I've just managed to squeeze into the A* grade boundary! I guess we'll see on results day..:/
I did Of Mice and Men in Section A and question 10 in Section B, :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
What did you guys do in section A and B?
Oh thank goodness xD I'm half asleep today you see, I could have easily misread it. I found it okay thankyou :smile: I didn't really do any formats for Section B though (aside from the titles) will that matter?
What about you? Is there anything you found challenging? :h:
I think it was about a guy in a boat..not a female:tongue:
I have an AQA geography examination tomorrow, does anyone else?
Original post by emilyjean113
I think it was about a guy in a boat..not a female:tongue:

it was about a lady in that boat, because it said "she"- so its third person
Yeah sadly that's the problem- I completely forgot to put "Dear" and "Yours faithfully" as I got carried away.. :frown: I really want an A* as well! Apart from that it went quite smoothly.

That's good to hear! Many people didn't get to finish! Also don't worry, people struggle with that question all across Britain considering only 25% get half marks or more.

I don't think I found anything particularly challenging, it's just that mistake with Question Five to be honest and I suppose I could have done better on Question Six but hey ho :s-smilie:
Reply 13
i did AQA:
Im hoping it went ok, i know i messed up on one question, the comparing articles, as i wrote all about source 1 and then all about source 3 instead of saying "in source one this presentation feature is present whereas in source 3" :/ i also said a language feature was direct address instead of an imperative :redface: the writing for the year book one was hard , just because im not at school so had to think abit further back xD , the writing to argue about improving education for future students threw me abit too. I wrote about life skills such as learning about pensions due to the new workplace pension laws, young people may not know what it is used for, i mentioned more technology as everyone learns differently, eg using laptop to take notes instead of writing with a pen, i also mentioned about more support for people with special learning needs and gave a personal anicdote , and i also said to make another lesson focusing on what people want to do when they get older, and actually explain what grades we need to get, so that there is more of an insentive to do well. i said schools could hire celebs to come in and talk about their experiences of how they got where they are,

every time i write this, i think ive got the question more and more wrong :/
Oh sugar, I've started something now xD
Reply 15
Original post by StandardBrain
I have an AQA geography examination tomorrow, does anyone else?

I do too and I'm shitting it 😫 but it's my fault for leaving revision till last minute. And good luck x
Original post by Leyak
I do too and I'm *****ing it 😫 but it's my fault for leaving revision till last minute. And good luck x

You still have time, learn all your CASE studies and make sure you read over them again before your exam, <- this is the easiest way to do it.

Thanks, Good luck to you as well, hope you do well in your exam! :biggrin:
I know everything about right now, just feeling a bit nervous cos my pen ran out last time in the exam and im pretty shy to ask the invigilator for another one haha :biggrin:
[QUOTE="emilyjean113;65535001"]I would be happy with an A too but I'm really hoping I've just managed to squeeze into the A* grade boundary! I guess we'll see on results day..:/[/QUOTE
Me too!:h: It would be a dream come true to get an A* in English language and lit:smile: I think I just messed question 3 but hopefully I get at least 5/6 marks on it!:smile: Hope you get your A* too.:wink:
I did the OCR exam board, looks like I'm one of the only ones on TSR :tongue: I found it went really well, and I hope I can achieve an A*! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending