The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
Started an online course about schizophrenia and psychosis, since I am interested in it as I do suffer from psychosis. I love it. Keeps me busy and I find it really interesting.

Have been suffering a lot from headaches the past week or so. Hope it doesn't trigger off voices, but we'll have to see. Hope everyone is well. :hugs:

Ah excellent!
I hope it all goes well for you! And hopefully you can cure yourself of it!

Aw :hugs: I hope youre ok now!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Dont hate yourself for it!!
Everyone does it! Its perfectly normal!
Youre an amazing person! Fact!

Thank you :hugs:
Ah excellent!
I hope it all goes well for you! And hopefully you can cure yourself of it!

Aw :hugs: I hope youre ok now!

I doubt I can cure myself of it. Meds don't work and I know that whatever I see or hear isn't actually real. I try though.

Thank you.
Original post by philosophoraptor
because of debilitating depression/panic disorder/agoraphobia i had to attend open university for two years to get my qualifications... been accepted at university of nottingham this coming september - so scared/nervous/excited

Aw im so sorry to hear about your conditions! :hugs:
I hope youre well now!!

Ah thats excellent news!
Those are all normal feelings! It will be amazing for you!
What are you studying there?
Original post by Cinnie
Thank you :hugs:

No worries!
I hope you feel better very soon!!!
Aw im so sorry to hear about your conditions! :hugs:
I hope youre well now!!

Ah thats excellent news!
Those are all normal feelings! It will be amazing for you!
What are you studying there?

thank you! i'm looking forward to all the opportunities and broadening my horizons, i've felt very isolated the past couple of years. it'll be tough but i'm ready. i'm studying philosophy :grouphugs:
Original post by Airmed
I doubt I can cure myself of it. Meds don't work and I know that whatever I see or hear isn't actually real. I try though.

Thank you.

Aw well i hope you can make some progress!
Ah well thats not ideal then! Meds are great when they work but useless if they dont.
Ah well thats a positive aspect then i suppose.

No worries!

Do you think people will get anoyed if i keep quoting people here?
Ive been trying to help people and show positivity. I feel like people will get annoyed.
Do you think i should continue?
I enjoy it btw.
thank you! i'm looking forward to all the opportunities and broadening my horizons, i've felt very isolated the past couple of years. it'll be tough but i'm ready. i'm studying philosophy :grouphugs:

No worries!
Thats very good to hear!
Aw no im sorry to hear that! :hugs: I hope that changes soon!
As long as youre ready, thats the most important thing!!
Ah excellent! Im not familiar with that tbh. Would you be unterested in telling me what its about? You can say no.

Also is that you in your dp?

Spoiler

because of debilitating depression/panic disorder/agoraphobia i had to attend open university for two years to get my qualifications... been accepted at university of nottingham this coming september - so scared/nervous/excited

Congrats! That is amazing! :biggrin: I had to quit college and do my degree with OU a few years ago for the exact same reasons as you plus OCD so I completely understand where you've been and you should be so proud as OU isn't easy, its so hard to keep yourself motivated at times, especially with your conditions but you have made it. I wish you all the best at Nottingham Uni :hugs:

Tried to rep you btw but I apparently I already have recently :frown: Boo TSR :tongue:
Ah I see. Tbh I don't think I learned anything from it and I've no idea what the next step will be!

No me neither. Ah well maybe they're only mild panic attacks?
It's always best to be comfortable before making any decisions! Don't do anything too soon as it may make your condition worse I'm afraid.

Hmm that's interesting. I haven't a clue as to what's causing that tbh. Unless it's stress, that's the main cause of all of this. I experienced chest pains during my GCSE's because of stress. It was really scary (esp when it happened in the middle of an exam).
But if you're not under stress, I honestly don't know what's causing it tbh.

I was initially investigated for a pulmonary embolus but they didn't see any signs pointing to that. Then two weeks later I found that I was having difficulty breathing, at first I thought it was my asthma playing up but my inhalers weren't helping. Kept getting worse and felt like I couldn't get in enough air and it got to the point where I kept thinking about breathing 24/7. Went to the GP and she said it's anxiety and prescribed me diazepam which worked wonders. Now on citalopram and it's pretty much gone. I also feel a lot better in general, like I'm happier and more optimistic about life. Guess it was killing two birds with one stone.

Lol didn't mean to write my entire mental health journey. Which is pretty tame compared to many people on here. But anyway.
Has anyone spoken to Pathway recently? She hasn't been on in a while :redface:
Original post by moment of truth
Has anyone spoken to Pathway recently? She hasn't been on in a while :redface:

I was wondering that. Hope she's okay :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I was wondering that. Hope she's okay :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown:
Same :frown:

I spoke to her briefly on the weekend :yes: Will let her know that people here are thinking of her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I spoke to her briefly on the weekend :yes: Will let her know that people here are thinking of her

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do and thank you for letting us know :smile:
Please do and thank you for letting us know :smile:

No worries :h:

Hugs for all and sorry for not being around/replying VMs etc :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No worries :h:

Hugs for all and sorry for not being around/replying VMs etc :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to say sorry! I hope you are feeling better now :frown: :hugs:
@furryface12 and @moment of truth : sorry for worrying you guys, I'm ok. I hope you are all ok.

Hugs to anyone who needs them
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I was initially investigated for a pulmonary embolus but they didn't see any signs pointing to that. Then two weeks later I found that I was having difficulty breathing, at first I thought it was my asthma playing up but my inhalers weren't helping. Kept getting worse and felt like I couldn't get in enough air and it got to the point where I kept thinking about breathing 24/7. Went to the GP and she said it's anxiety and prescribed me diazepam which worked wonders. Now on citalopram and it's pretty much gone. I also feel a lot better in general, like I'm happier and more optimistic about life. Guess it was killing two birds with one stone.

Lol didn't mean to write my entire mental health journey. Which is pretty tame compared to many people on here. But anyway.

I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound pleasant, so I'm glad you don't have that!
That's really not a good thing to have happen! I've experienced that before and it's really horrible isn't it! Mine cleared naturally after a while.
I'm glad the medication worked well for you!!
Ugh Citalopram didn't mix well with me at all! I was asleep all the time when I was on it!
I'm super happy that you're happier and more positive now! That's great to hear!

No worries! It was interesting to read!

Latest