The Student Room Group

Do your parents ask about exams?

So my Dad never asks about any exams that I've done - I try to tell him how they went but he always seems uninterested. My mum cared for the first few exams but then today she asked how it went and I started telling her about it and then she just ignored me and wasn't listening. Do your parents ask how they went?

Scroll to see replies

Yes,and I always give the same answer,it went fine even if it actually didn`t since my parents will make a big deal of it.Even when I say I made some silly mistakes,they go berserk.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah. In the same way they trust me to revise, they trust me to do exams and that's that.
Opposite to you, I try to hide as much as I can :hide: :colondollar:
Original post by jayg123
So my Dad never asks about any exams that I've done - I try to tell him how they went but he always seems uninterested. My mum cared for the first few exams but then today she asked how it went and I started telling her about it and then she just ignored me and wasn't listening. Do your parents ask how they went?

No, my parents ask me if i dont tell them about it first, but im sure ur parents care, as they may multi-task like listen to u while doing work, cause sometimes parents care but just dont show u they do, as they want their children to become independent and strong, and not to attached to them, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
Opposite to you, I try to hide as much as I can :hide: :colondollar:

Lol, same but like if i know i did well on an exam and i am confident only then will i tell them
Reply 6
Original post by Kadak
Yes,and I always give the same answer,the went fine even if it actually didn`t since my parents will make a big deal of it.Even when I say I made some silly mistakes,they go berserk.

Yeah I try to be honest but sometimes ill over- exaggerate to make it less of a deal come results day if i done bad. It is hard to tell them the truth though sometimes if it went well. I wish I could be honest with my parents...
My mum always asks how it goes, she even makes breakfast for me on the morning of the exam which I find quite sweet :tongue:
After every exam they ask me how it went and I reply with, "It went okay."

They think I don't know how it went. In actual fact, I'm too scared to tell them how badly I think I messed up on some exams.
They do ask but like the poster above I always just say fine. If I think it went amazing I'll say fine to not sound too cocky and if it went really badly I'll say fine so they don't worry about it and/or interrogate me as to why I wasn't prepared
Both my parents are uninterested. They might ask immediately after but only once and they certainly don't care in the run up to my studies. They keep their nose out.
Reply 11
Original post by AndrewSCO
They do ask but like the poster above I always just say fine. If I think it went amazing I'll say fine to not sound too cocky and if it went really badly I'll say fine so they don't worry about it and/or interrogate me as to why I wasn't prepared

Thats fair. I just believe that you should be confident opening up to your parents and it doesn't help when they don't support you if you done ****
Reply 12
My dad always asks me how my exam is ..
Reply 13
Original post by blackdiamond97
My mum always asks how it goes, she even makes breakfast for me on the morning of the exam which I find quite sweet :tongue:

You don't realise how lucky you are to have a mum like that
Original post by jayg123
Thats fair. I just believe that you should be confident opening up to your parents and it doesn't help when they don't support you if you done ****

I exaggerated a bit, they do support if it goes badly. For example I failed first year of uni and they were supportive about it. If it goes really really well I will say it was good, if it goes terribly I'll say it went bad. For an average exam usual answer is just fine :smile:
Exactly the same as OP, they expect me get straight A's and that's final... If I try to tell them they couldn't give a toss.
My grandmother asks when when I go visit but I just lie to her and say they go well so as not to worry her.
I'm asian m8. If I don't call my mom to inform her how my exam went within 2 mins of finishing, all hell breaks loose :biggrin::biggrin:.
That is, if she hasn't come pick me from the exam centre:tongue:
Reply 18
I just go home late and say I don't know.
Reply 19
Yeah they asked all the time when I was at home, not so much now I'm in uni, but then they don't know when they are lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending