The Student Room Group

WJEC BIOLOGY BY1 2016 (NEW AS) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pharmhopeful16
Same! Those were my favourite topics. I found the last diversity question threw me a bit. They gave an index of 10.24 but I thought it couldn't exceed one 😕 but the essay question wasn't too bad though

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha no..... ours was not easier, they may me liked topics but were NOT nice questions. I feel our papers were of equal difficulty
Original post by clairebear101
haha no..... ours was not easier, they may me liked topics but were NOT nice questions. I feel our papers were of equal difficulty

I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply there was any difference in the difficulty of the papers only that I would have liked for those topics to come up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know is there is a wjec human biology thread for the hb2 module? :smile:
Original post by pharmhopeful16
Same! Those were my favourite topics. I found the last diversity question threw me a bit. They gave an index of 10.24 but I thought it couldn't exceed one 😕 but the essay question wasn't too bad though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too , I put my answer saying that it's incorrect because diversity index can only range between 0 and 1 , not sure if that's what they wanted though
Original post by rebeccaslugocki
Me too , I put my answer saying that it's incorrect because diversity index can only range between 0 and 1 , not sure if that's what they wanted though

I said that as well but said otherwise the biodiversity was higher. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got thrown by that question
Original post by rebeccaslugocki

I said the same but because it was worth 2 marks I wasn't sure if that classed at 2 points
I hated the last question and the monkey AIDS one
Original post by RasputinReborn
Don't forget "maintaining genetic polymorphism"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even remember that question😂
It was the banded snails one ; it was a 3 marker. No one in my school understood what the hell was going on

Oh yeah, honestly I have no idea the whole thing is a blur now, I just know I answered the monkey aids wrong and the last question wrong.
The maths questions were nice though
I said natural selection for the snail question because that was the only thing I could think of...
What did everyone get for the SA:V ratio(the first question on the paper).

6000:1 I think
So did everyone get 0.69 for biodiversity and 5310(3sf) for stomata circumference?

I had those, I got confused when it said t 3 sig figs so I just guessed 5310 instead of 5312
Does anyone have the papers to upload?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you guys do? :smile:
Original post by ambarellarose
How did you guys do? :smile:

Unit 1 A
Unit 2 B

So A overall
[QUOTE=ambarellarose;67093888]How did you guys do? :smile:

Unit 1: 49/75
Unit 2: 43/75
Wbu?
Can anyone answer these? They're so hard and will be the sorts of questions we'll get on the paper ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475349488.201692.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1475349496.539337.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by halliethestudent
Can anyone answer these? They're so hard and will be the sorts of questions we'll get on the paper ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475349488.201692.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1475349496.539337.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cant even read them sorry. Are these the the specimen papers?
Original post by valbrechts
Cant even read them sorry. Are these the the specimen papers?

No it's very old questions I've been given to help me revise
"An alternative method of dialysis is peritoneal dialysis. In this instead of the blood being cleaned using an artificial membrane outside the Body it is cleaned inside the body. It used the peritoneum , the thin membrane that surround the organs of the abdomen. The peritoneum is well supplied with blood vessels. This membrane has two layers and the space between them is used as a reservoir for the dialysis fluid. The fluid remains in the body for a few hours after which it is drained out and replaced without fresh dialysis fluid. This procedure needs to take place four times a day"1) explain why the peritoneum is a suitable membrane for dialysis within the body 2) using the information provided and your own knowledge suggest why peritoneal dialysis needs to take place four times a day whereas haemodialysis only needs to take place three times a week3) suggest how the dialysis fluid may be altered to allow more water to be removed from the blood4) if peritoneal dialysis is used for long term treatment the peritoneum becomes thickened. Suggest how and why this affects the efficiency of peritoneal dialysis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending