The Student Room Group

What university grade are you averaging so far?

Poll

What degree classification are you averaging so far?

Also, what year are you in and what course are you studying?

I'm in my 4th year (graduating soon) studying Computer Science with a dissertation grade to come (fingers crossed!) and on track to graduating with a first.
I'm in that weird place where I could have managed to get a 2.1 even if I didn't turn up my last exam but I'm 99% sure I'm not getting a first. I'm a graduating 3rd year Biomed.
Reply 2
Around 64/65%. Going into the third year of a Politics degree.

Don't roast me plz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My current average is 60.3%! Only thing coming back to me is exams so we'll have to see...

I'm in my third year of psychology although it's my second year that's pulling my grades down. Didn't have a very good year, I wish I could have done it over but "had a bad break up" doesn't quite qualify for MC :tongue:

Fingers crossed my exams went okay.
But a tutor on my course said that only a few would get a first, about 1/3 would get a 2:1 and everyone else will get a 2:2 which is scaring the hell out of me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Am on course for to graduating with a 2.1 but am waiting on two grades which am expecting to get one today and one tomorrow. My average is going to be lower due to my second year, not because I did not work hard, just because am not the best academically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm finishing up the third year of my four year accounting and finance degree. I am currently averaging a first, however I still have some third year exams to sit because I was ill during the first sitting. Due to my university classification system, if I get firsts for my final third year classes I will be guaranteed a first class degree, assuming my fourth year grades are above a 2:2. Feeling the pressure, but it's going to be a damn good feeling if I can go into fourth year with my classification already pretty much secured.
I'm averaging a 2.2 studying physics, exams start next week for the Master's year but have the option to revert back to the BA course which would put me in the top 40% of the cohort (with a mid 2.2). For some reason the Physics BA course has a stupid curve (7% firsts, 30.2% 2.1, 46.5% 2.2, 14% 3rd the rest fails - kinda bad when over half the cohort get a 2.2)
No clue. It was a first before exams started.
Original post by natninja
I'm averaging a 2.2 studying physics, exams start next week for the Master's year but have the option to revert back to the BA course which would put me in the top 40% of the cohort (with a mid 2.2). For some reason the Physics BA course has a stupid curve (7% firsts, 30.2% 2.1, 46.5% 2.2, 14% 3rd the rest fails - kinda bad when over half the cohort get a 2.2)

Sorry I've got no experience of curved grades so I might totally be misunderstanding this, but does this mean that the top 7% of grades in your class (regardless of what they are) get awarded a first and the next 30.2% get a 2:1 and so on? Because that seems really stupid.
Original post by GoingToBurst
Sorry I've got no experience of curved grades so I might totally be misunderstanding this, but does this mean that the top 7% of grades in your class (regardless of what they are) get awarded a first and the next 30.2% get a 2:1 and so on? Because that seems really stupid.

As in 7% of people got over 70%, 30.2% of people got between 60% and 70% etc.
Original post by natninja
As in 7% of people got over 70%, 30.2% of people got between 60% and 70% etc.

That seems about average to me, no?
Reply 11
I'm averaging a 60 to 68% on my masters course, I wish I could do better but it's all pretty much done and all that's left is my dissertation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoingToBurst
That seems about average to me, no?

No, it's really low, usually around 60% get a 2.1 or better
Reply 13
bump
Doing Computer Networks & Security!

Heading into third year in September, and averaged 72% on second year. I'd probably say my final classification will be (Mid/high 2:1, or borderline 1st).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
I am first year counselling psychology student and averaging a first, pending the outstanding results of an exam and an essay due this week.

I feel like a bit of a fraud because I work in a relevant field and find everything so interesting and applicable to what I do that putting in the study hours hardly feels like work.
Just finished my third year of Medicine. The course is usually five years long, but I've taken a six-year course, so I graduate with a degree after three years before continuing my studies at another university. I'll be graduating with a first in my first degree - average exam grade ~90% (highest = 97%, lowest = 85%).
I was averaging a first before my summer exams, which will definitely have brought me down to a 2:1. (Just finished my second year of Biological Sciences)

Posted from TSR Mobile
no clue, it was a mixture of firsts to 2:2's. hopefully i just pass this year considering it was one of the worst years so far
also do sociology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending