The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the English Language AQA GCSE exam ?

How did everyone find the English Language exam?
I managed to finish on time, all my mates say they also did much better than the mock exams. By the way I will be grateful if anyone could also provide the predicted grade boundaries, I am looking for an A/A*!
Original post by Rakstar
I managed to finish on time, all my mates say they also did much better than the mock exams. By the way I will be grateful if anyone could also provide the predicted grade boundaries, I am looking for an A/A*!

It actually went a lot better than I thought, I actually finished the exam this time:bban:Im aiming for an A/A* as well, what do u reckon the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by Rakstar

I really enjoyed the exam today. The coastal town topic being a refreshing change from the standard "social media" ones. Predicted Grade Boundaries are 58 (out of 80) or slightly more for an A*...

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by qwerty0301
It actually went a lot better than I thought, I actually finished the exam this time:bban:Im aiming for an A/A* as well, what do u reckon the grade boundaries will be like?

Nice! I bet you did great mate! Ye the grade boundaries I think will probably be the same as usual. I won't be doing any more english, lmao, I think that is the biggest relief!!! Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics will be the way to go for A- level hopefully!
Reply 4
Original post by Janse van Zyl
I really enjoyed the exam today. The coastal town topic being a refreshing change from the standard "social media" ones. Predicted Grade Boundaries are 58 (out of 80) or slightly more for an A*...

Hope this helps :smile:

Yes thanx, hope you did well!!
Original post by Rakstar
Nice! I bet you did great mate! Ye the grade boundaries I think will probably be the same as usual. I won't be doing any more english, lmao, I think that is the biggest relief!!! Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics will be the way to go for A- level hopefully!

haha sameee! hated english tbh XD. doin maths, f.maths, psychology, bio and chem next year for a levels. Wanna go into medicine, how about you?
Reply 6
Thank you mine went well, hope you get the grades you want!!
Reply 7
haha sameee! hated english tbh XD. doin maths, f.maths, psychology, bio and chem next year for a levels. Wanna go into medicine, how about you?

It could go either way, engineering or finance both seem really exciting!!
Did anyone else think that the sources were terrible? Questions 5&6 were really good and I thought there was a lot to talk about and debate about. Hope everyone else's went ok!
Original post by Rakstar
It could go either way, engineering or finance both seem really exciting!!

Physics isn't particularly my cup of tea so I'd struggle with engineering but good luck with whatever you choose to do!
Reply 10
Physics isn't particularly my cup of tea so I'd struggle with engineering but good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Cheers mate, I appreciate the support, ironically chemistry isn't for me haha. Ye best of luck with the rest of your exams and your career ambition!:h:
Original post by GcseMaths
Did anyone else think that the sources were terrible? Questions 5&6 were really good and I thought there was a lot to talk about and debate about. Hope everyone else's went ok!

Yeah I have to agree and say that it was quite hard to compare on question 4. Plus I kind of was limited with the sources. But overall hopefully, i'll be okay - need a B for college :s-smilie:
Reply 12
If I did no comparison for question 4 can I only get 4 marks? I am so worried as I did loads of analysis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending