The Student Room Group

Law @ Clearing

Hi guys

Would anyone be able to be give me a rough idea of the kind of universities which do clearing for Law. (LL.B)

I am currently doing an access course and have already met the criteria for most of the universities (RG) (apart from my first choice)

I will get my results before A-level students and just want to know 1) What universities i should look at (im really tempted by exeter i they require 12 distinctions and 21 merits i have 36Ds so i exceed theirs would they accept me in clearing?)

Also 2) When can i start to apply for clearing slots?

Btw my firm choice is LSE (39) but my exam yesterday was well (lets not :tongue:)
Dont think you can apply for clearing till the results are out, but contact UCAS.
You could apply for Exra, but that would mean dropping all your current offers.
You could make an enquiry as to who currently still has places or just contact Exeter direct and chat with them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Dont think you can apply for clearing till the results are out, but contact UCAS.
You could apply for Exra, but that would mean dropping all your current offers.
You could make an enquiry as to who currently still has places or just contact Exeter direct and chat with them.

Thought that would be the case, still i would have my results as soon as it opens hopefully get the first offers.

And yeah, i dont want to reject LSE in the slight chance that maybe i dont do as bad as i thought in the exam, is Exeter a reasonable destination for me to consider? I mean i would hope my exam was not too bad and that i still can go LSE but i sort of want to know if i can get in what sort of others can i be realistically looking at?

People say Manchester is quite lenient along with Sheffield and Birmingham?
Original post by Hyde007
Thought that would be the case, still i would have my results as soon as it opens hopefully get the first offers.

And yeah, i dont want to reject LSE in the slight chance that maybe i dont do as bad as i thought in the exam, is Exeter a reasonable destination for me to consider? I mean i would hope my exam was not too bad and that i still can go LSE but i sort of want to know if i can get in what sort of others can i be realistically looking at?

People say Manchester is quite lenient along with Sheffield and Birmingham?

I'm wrong clearing starts in July, so you cna get in there before the A level sudents.
You will have to talk to the Unis that might still have places. Talk to UCAS, but I think its up to you to do the research.
Last year Sheffield Southampton Newcastle and I think qmul if I remember we're all asking for BBB. Birmingham wasn't as lenient and wanted people with ABB+

Quick Reply

Latest