The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenfoot

what have you got left in terms of revision

I've revised Bowlby's theory of attachment and... well that's it :lol: I'll try and revise a bit tonight but I'll do most of my revision tomorrow. The exam is half 1 so I will go to the library for 10, do 3 hours of revision then see what I can do :smile: :smile:

Gl guys btw
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I've pretty much done crime, aside from the evidence of practice which I am about to do. Then for child, I just need to go over separation/deprivation studies (which is unlikely to come up really as it was 12 marks last year) and cross cultural research.
I'm not feeling too worried about this exam really, it seems the easiest of the exams I have left :laugh:

Yourself?

Original post by rileystringer1
I've revised Bowlby's theory of attachment and... well that's it :lol: I'll try and revise a bit tonight but I'll do most of my revision tomorrow. The exam is half 1 so I will go to the library for 10, do 3 hours of revision then see what I can do :smile: :smile:

Gl guys btw

umm i don't really know how much i truly know lol. i'm just doing exam papers while looking at mark schemes. felt way more confident last year, as in i could recall the info verbally, i can't do that this year but we'll see tomorrow i guess :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::erm:
Reply 162
Anyone done reliability of EWT for their practical? I don't understand how to describe the results and conclusions of summarising two articles? And also could we be asked to evaluate our practicals?
umm i don't really know how much i truly know lol. i'm just doing exam papers while looking at mark schemes. felt way more confident last year, as in i could recall the info verbally, i can't do that this year but we'll see tomorrow i guess :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::erm:

Well I feel like I know most of it but who knows what'll happen tomorrow hahah
It should be fine!
Reply 164
Any predictions on what might come up in the unit 3 exam tomorrow (for health and criminal)?
Anyone have any 12 mark model answers with regards to Ainsworths strange situation and using the procedure in cross cultural studies, theres so much information on it I don't know where to begin :s-smilie:
Original post by katyljx
Anyone done reliability of EWT for their practical? I don't understand how to describe the results and conclusions of summarising two articles? And also could we be asked to evaluate our practicals?

I uploaded my practicals on a couple of pages back I think (?) so my findings are there but basically link the summary of the article to research evidence (EG. the BBC article looked at weapon focus and found similar findings to that of Pickel - that people focused on the weapon and forgot important details about what the suspect looked like etc etc) and then we could be asked to evaluate in terms of GRAVE (EG. not generalizable because based on British newspaper articles, reliable because articles = permanent documents but secondary data so not written with our research aim in mind etc)
can someone explain the theory of the mind as an explanation of autism please?
Original post by bethdean
can someone explain the theory of the mind as an explanation of autism please?

An autistic child lacks a theory of mind which means they cannot attribute mental states from oneself to others. You could use the sally ann experiment as evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I've spent 50 hours of revision on the unit 3 exam and I still can't recall it verbally. I'm hoping the exam questions prompt me to recall or I've majorly messed up my A2 :/
Original post by Trolleybaby
Same here. I've spent 50 hours of revision on the unit 3 exam and I still can't recall it verbally. I'm hoping the exam questions prompt me to recall or I've majorly messed up my A2 :/

hah yeah that's what i'm hedging on.
how i revised last year was a few days before the exams and so obviously it was still fresh in my mind. i tried to do it a different way this year and this is what i get.

hoping ill be alright for unit 4, 5 days hardcore revision and hopefully i'll be more in exam mode.
hah yeah that's what i'm hedging on.
how i revised last year was a few days before the exams and so obviously it was still fresh in my mind. i tried to do it a different way this year and this is what i get.

hoping ill be alright for unit 4, 5 days hardcore revision and hopefully i'll be more in exam mode.

Yeah, last year I just spent the 2 weeks of easter holidays revising 8 hours a day for all my exams and like doing practice papers. This year, I revised criminal ages ago but left health too close to the exam and underestimated my ability to revise.

I'm so happy that's a nice gap between our psychology exams because it just takes a load of stress off. Hopefully we can pull it off!!
How confident is everyone feeling /10?
Is there a checklist for unit 3 I can use??? :smile:
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
How confident is everyone feeling /10?

I'd say around 7 :laugh: Thankfully I have frees all morning until the exam
You? :smile:
Original post by FemaleBo55
Is there a checklist for unit 3 I can use??? :smile:

I have one but it's specific to the studies my class have looked at so it might be different to yours but I guess you can just replace the study with whatever you've looked at. Do you want me to post it? :smile:
Original post by Trolleybaby
Yeah, last year I just spent the 2 weeks of easter holidays revising 8 hours a day for all my exams and like doing practice papers. This year, I revised criminal ages ago but left health too close to the exam and underestimated my ability to revise.
I'm so happy that's a nice gap between our psychology exams because it just takes a load of stress off. Hopefully we can pull it off!!

oo i wish we did health.
i know right. i need to get back up now.
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I'd say around 7 :laugh: Thankfully I have frees all morning until the exam
You? :smile:

same! Im doing child and health do you have any predictions? :smile:
"Explain two ways in which autism might affect a child’s development (4)."

Model answer anyone?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
same! Im doing child and health do you have any predictions? :smile:

I'm doing child and crime
But a lot of people have been saying key issue and practicals for child :frown: also nothing from Bowlby really came up in 2015, like the 12 marker could've mentioned his study but his theories weren't on the paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending