The Student Room Group

What do you all send your time doing over summer?

I've only been home from uni for a week and I'm already starting to get bored. What are you all doing with your spare time over summer?

Scroll to see replies

Definitely not on TSR :lol:

My summer is only 1 month long because of a work placement :hide: but I plan to do some travelling, catch up on some TV, read (some books are in the post, even a pre-ordered one :ahee:), maybe see friends from back home and go to the cinema or something, and learn to drive.

How about you?
party and holidays
I will likely be working hard saving up for maths a-level (I have to pay about a grand to take it at my local college)
Exercise/sports
Watch a lot of TV shows
Learn how to drive
Im 22. I spend summer staying at home mostly, helping with my Dad's car business (valeting, cleaning and helping).
I also take driving lessons. I have a driving test next week, hopefully I'll pass, its been a long time.
I've never had a job, which Im really embarrassed about, but I'll definitely find a job and work my ass off after I've started driving.
I also spend summer going to uni to do my RESIT work and revision. Running low on money, but hopefully things will get better soon. Im trying to work on it.
...I would suggest self teaching :tongue:
Reading, sleeping, knitting, crochet, catching up on TV and I might also learn hand embroidery.
Original post by niv1234
reading, sleeping, knitting, crochet, catching up on tv and i might also learn hand embroidery.

yay a fellow crocheter hay
Stress about thinking of things to do so I don't waste it lol
Original post by Mrs.Grey
yay a fellow crocheter hay

I'm not very good and I'm much better at knitting. I need to improve I can only do the most basic stitch. What sort of things do you make?
Little bit of travelling. Catching up with friends. Doing a lot of training over summer. Lots of working.

Want to read some good books/watch interesting series but I don't know what
Work, as i am a part-time student. Holidays as well.
Most likely spending a lot of time in cities (Paris, London) and when i'm home chilling w friends and playing ps4 lmaoo. And of course slaying many women bcos who doesn't love waking up with worldies.
Original post by niv1234
I'm not very good and I'm much better at knitting. I need to improve I can only do the most basic stitch. What sort of things do you make?

I've made loads of beanies, I've made a blanket and uhm loads of granny squares that I'm going to stitch together to make a blanket
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I've made loads of beanies, I've made a blanket and uhm loads of granny squares that I'm going to stitch together to make a blanket

Thats nice. I mainly just knit jumpers and hats and stuff. I know a charity that takes squares like those and makes them into blankets for poor children in other countries.
Reply 16
WHAT!!?? no exam is that expensive theres something fishy going on...
g a m i n g
a
m
i
n
g
Original post by Blondie987
Stress about thinking of things to do so I don't waste it lol

lol another thing we both do! Have you found something useful to do? :curious:
Original post by SeanFM
...I would suggest self teaching :tongue:

I don't learn well without a teacher, I only got a B at GCSE

Original post by Nayzar
WHAT!!?? no exam is that expensive theres something fishy going on...

Did you not know then when you've already done your a-levels you have to pay for them privately?

Quick Reply

Latest