The Student Room Group

Edexcel 2017 specimen papers

I'm in year 10 at school and in a few weeks I have 3 maths paper which edexcel have sent out as example papers. Has anyone done these papers (3 of them) and has an unofficial mark scheme?

Many thanks
Reply 1
The mark schemes are on the websites IIRC, but they're official ones if you don't mind.
Reply 2
Original post by Gabzinc
The mark schemes are on the websites IIRC, but they're official ones if you don't mind.

Thanks, do you think you could send me the link?
Reply 3
Original post by Lloyd254
Thanks, do you think you could send me the link?

Oh wait nvm, I thought you were talking about the Year 11 specimen papers, sorry for the inconvenience

unless thats what youre talking about :/
Reply 4
(edited 7 years ago)
Cheating on year 10 exams seems a stupid thing to do. You learn nothing about what you need to work harder on and your teachers have a false idea of your strengths and weaknesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by gdunne42
Cheating on year 10 exams seems a stupid thing to do. You learn nothing about what you need to work harder on and your teachers have a false idea of your strengths and weaknesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, I won't look for the paper anymore. Thanks for the advice!
Reply 8
Original post by gdunne42

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think his school will use those papers for his Year 10 exams; the papers I sent were meant to be sat in Year 11. Usually schools make their own papers using an Exam Question bank that students can't access, or Edexcel sends them papers that students also can't access.

Though it isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.
Original post by Gabzinc
I don't think his school will use those papers for his Year 10 exams; the papers I sent were meant to be sat in Year 11. Usually schools make their own papers using an Exam Question bank that students can't access, or Edexcel sends them papers that students also can't access.

Though it isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.

There isn't yet a full set of resources to support the new GCSE specifications.
I am aware of several schools who are using examiner supplied sample papers or adapting them for end of year 10 exams this summer. They will certainly use a more securely managed set of official mock papers or create something themselves for year 11 mocks but many don't yet have the time or resources to do this for year 10 exams in these new specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest