The Student Room Group

When should I tell him that I am a virgin?

Ended well
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Unlikely to be an innocent thing! Next time the kissing starts worth saying what you're up for and what you're not. Could be a good time to tell him you're a virgin, particularly if you like him.
Reply 2
If the guy actually knows anything about sex, he should already be aware that virgin p***y is tight. And tight p***y is the best. So if you want to keep him around and you're not stringing him along, tell him immediately. It won't make a difference to whether or not he wants to **** you, but at least he knows that you're being honest with him. If he works out that you're endlessly delaying the sex for no reason other than your own insecurities, I wouldn't blame him for dumping you and moving on. If you respect him enough and want to stay in a relationship with him, tell him and get the deed over and done with.
Original post by asif007
If the guy actually knows anything about sex, he should already be aware that virgin p***y is tight. And tight p***y is the best. So if you want to keep him around and you're not stringing him along, tell him immediately. It won't make a difference to whether or not he wants to **** you, but at least he knows that you're being honest with him. If he works out that you're endlessly delaying the sex for no reason other than your own insecurities, I wouldn't blame him for dumping you and moving on. If you respect him enough and want to stay in a relationship with him, tell him and get the deed over and done with.

real nigg
Original post by Lucy785
I've been on three dates with this guy, and in the last date we kissed and he touched my thigh.

I'm just worried that on our next date he may want something more, he is a really nice guy though, kind of nerdy/geeky but I'm not sure if that will make a difference, I'm worried he will be expecting sex, although apart from touching my thigh - which may have been an innocent thing, he has not asked for sex in anyway.

If your wondering why I'm a virgin, I've simply never had a boyfriend and I want to be in a committed relationship before having sex.

When should I tell him I'm a virgin? Fourth date?

I wouldn't tell him until he makes a more serious obvious move. But be very clear with him if that isnt something your comfortable with right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Natalierm2707
I wouldn't tell him until he makes a more serious obvious move. But be very clear with him if that isnt something your comfortable with right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd wait until after the event :colone:
Tell him before the event and If you're comfortable or not with it.
Reply 7
Original post by Lucy785
I've been on three dates with this guy, and in the last date we kissed and he touched my thigh.

I'm just worried that on our next date he may want something more, he is a really nice guy though, kind of nerdy/geeky but I'm not sure if that will make a difference, I'm worried he will be expecting sex, although apart from touching my thigh - which may have been an innocent thing, he has not asked for sex in anyway.

If your wondering why I'm a virgin, I've simply never had a boyfriend and I want to be in a committed relationship before having sex.

When should I tell him I'm a virgin? Fourth date?

I wouldn't worry too much about it; I think your position is quite admirable. In fact if I was him, I would be really impressed by how much 'self-respect' you have, as well as apparently very principled. I think that the most appropriate time to tell him will become apparent in the context. There is no need to explain yourself immediately, whilst of course if he wants to go further then you should stop and explain it to him. All I would say is be confident in your position.

Original post by asif007

I would disagree with parts of this, as it makes it sound like you HAVE to have sex with him to be with him, which to me sounds unreasonable. He should be able to control himself, if he really likes you until you are ready. I think the kind of attitude as above, would probably pressure a lot of people into situations they would be uncomfortable with, on the basis of keeping their partner. Unfortunately, I feel that almost relegates the partner to a physical object of one's needs/desires, which is not a great position to be in my view.

Quick Reply