The Student Room Group

I have no social life

I don't go out. I get depressed whenever i go on social media because i see other people having fun with their lives. Im 18 already and i feel like ive wasted my teen years doing **** all. I don't even know where to start making friends or socializing, my last few a level exams are coming up, and i dont really want to spend the next 3 months of summer indoors playing video games. Any advice on the sorts of places i go to meet new people that i will actually get on with?
Reply 1
All the normal advice. Join a club near to you? Put yourself out there a bit more. I know it is really hard and I struggle with this quite a bit too but all you can do is try your best!
Reply 2
If you are going to uni this year, im not sure but they could send you an invitation to summer school and so you can meet other people who will be coming in Sep/Aug. (im applying to uni and they invited me there to summer school). What about your hobbies? Reading or drawing would be enjoyable.
Or maybe you could join clubs/competition. Apply for summer jobs - you interact with more people and improve your confidence

Hope this helps :smile:

P.S.
Sorry for bad English :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah unfortunately all you can do is join clubs and things like that haha... i'm in the same position except im 17... on the other hand, hey, overwatch is supposed to be super good :smile:
Get a job and socialize with your co-workers, whilst also making a bit of money
Reply 5
Original post by Ordo
If you are going to uni this year, im not sure but they could send you an invitation to summer school and so you can meet other people who will be coming in Sep/Aug. (im applying to uni and they invited me there to summer school). What about your hobbies? Reading or drawing would be enjoyable.
Or maybe you could join clubs/competition. Apply for summer jobs - you interact with more people and improve your confidence

Hope this helps :smile:

P.S.
Sorry for bad English :frown:

yeah i love drawing and playing guitar, and i hopefully will apply for a summer job.
i am going to a fairly local uni for an art foundation.

thanks for the advice
Reply 6
Original post by sushitrash
yeah i love drawing and playing guitar, and i hopefully will apply for a summer job.
i am going to a fairly local uni for an art foundation.

thanks for the advice

No problem! :smile:

I am hoping to apply summer job too
and i love drawings/paintings too! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by nomnomnomm
yeah unfortunately all you can do is join clubs and things like that haha... i'm in the same position except im 17... on the other hand, hey, overwatch is supposed to be super good :smile:

what kind of clubs do you mean? and yeah i know ive heard, i might buy it at some point, if i can get a summer job
what kind of clubs do you mean? and yeah i know ive heard, i might buy it at some point, if i can get a summer job

i um... //sweats... i have no idea, ive never joined one... drama clubs? sports teams? anything near you that you could join? if you're into that kind of thing orz
right?? overwatch is really great :biggrin: im getting it soon as i get my damn EPQ essay done
You think anyone on TSR does?
Do volunteering! :u:
I don't go out. I get depressed whenever i go on social media because i see other people having fun with their lives. Im 18 already and i feel like ive wasted my teen years doing **** all. I don't even know where to start making friends or socializing, my last few a level exams are coming up, and i dont really want to spend the next 3 months of summer indoors playing video games. Any advice on the sorts of places i go to meet new people that i will actually get on with?

i was like you but then i changed by finding a professional aspect and just got to professional places
the worst was me going to london to spend 4 hours in a starbuck to look professional in a nice suit with a macbook (it did work i met several people who i keep in contact with that day )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending