The Student Room Group

What do you all send your time doing over summer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
lol another thing we both do! Have you found something useful to do? :curious:

Haha, I'm hoping to spend a ton of time with my friend who's coming home for summer! :biggrin:

Other than that, in going to see if I can find some way to travel and hopefully practice my language skills :tongue:

Do you have any plans? :smile:
Original post by Blondie987
Haha, I'm hoping to spend a ton of time with my friend who's coming home for summer! :biggrin:

Other than that, in going to see if I can find some way to travel and hopefully practice my language skills :tongue:

Do you have any plans? :smile:

When are they coming? I hope you have a good time with them! :biggrin:

That's good, even if it's for a short time, a holiday/short break is worth it :tongue:

Not really :redface: not yet anyway!
When are they coming? I hope you have a good time with them! :biggrin:

That's good, even if it's for a short time, a holiday/short break is worth it :tongue:

Not really :redface: not yet anyway!

July so a wee but to wait get but I'm sure I'll find something to do before then lol

Yeah, exactly! I just need to come up with a plan lol

Well I'm sure you'll find something absolutely awesome to do! We can always go on a European road trip hahaha
July so a wee but to wait get but I'm sure I'll find something to do before then lol

Yeah, exactly! I just need to come up with a plan lol

Well I'm sure you'll find something absolutely awesome to do! We can always go on a European road trip hahaha

You have a few weeks to go then! I hope you do :smile:

Haha sometimes coming up with a plan that is achievable is actually hard to do! :rofl:

I hope so and hahaha that's always an option!
Reply 24
I'm pretty sure the exam does not cost £1k. Does that include tuition fees?
Original post by Nayzar
I'm pretty sure the exam does not cost £1k. Does that include tuition fees?

It includes the entire a-level, teaching, exams etc
Usually I go away with fam, go just chill with mates, stay in and enjoy the AC and relax

but this summer I sense I'm gonna have to start working :frown: lol It's really not funny though because I don't mind working but it's the degrading job hunting and rejection part.
You have a few weeks to go then! I hope you do :smile:

Haha sometimes coming up with a plan that is achievable is actually hard to do! :rofl:

I hope so and hahaha that's always an option!

I think I'm sometimes a little too over ambitious with my plans leading to a complete lack of actually doing anything lol :colondollar: but I guess it's better to think big rather than small haha

I hope you do :yep: it's a plan as long as you pay for petrol XD
I'm home for like 4 days towards the end of June, then back in my university town to work in an English language summer camp for 8 weeks!
Reply 29
Ah ok that makes more sense
I think I'm sometimes a little too over ambitious with my plans leading to a complete lack of actually doing anything lol :colondollar: but I guess it's better to think big rather than small haha

I hope you do :yep: it's a plan as long as you pay for petrol XD

Lol I am the same! I often make plans and then a few days later just give up with them cause I know that I can't achieve them!

:rofl: we will see about that :tongue:
Came home from uni today and will be going to Switzerland this Saturday for three months, to intern at Google.

Posted from my phone, excuse my typo's
Lol I am the same! I often make plans and then a few days later just give up with them cause I know that I can't achieve them!

:rofl: we will see about that :tongue:

Haha, well regardless, I'm sure we'll both find something fun to do :yep:
Not that much...however when i think about it there's lots to do and I know it'll fly past really quickly!

- Learn to drive (more like pass the test, already sat it twice!)
- Moving all the contents of our current flat into our new one with flatmates
- Volunteering/placement 2 days per week from June - August
- Trying to redeem myself in speaking French (using Duolingo online, going well so far!)
- Awaiting final exam results for 2nd year uni
- Getting ready to hopefully go to Canada in September!
- Reading
- Doing online courses (FutureLearn - have a look, really good!) in digital media (relevant to my degree) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I usually spend it working.

This year I'm going on a roadtrip. When I get back, I'm moving to London in August, and I'll spend the rest of the summer getting to grips with the place.
2 weeks working at King's, 2 weeks in Ecuador then only 2 weeks until results day woheyyyyy
Thought I'd join in on this, I am going to the uni open day and will also get my mop chopped..about time!! :smile: lol

Quick Reply

Latest